New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: signing in Chicago last night...
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 19, 2003 03:32PM

Help - I need a new keyboard! Honestly, you lot are enough to give anyone a complex....

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: April 19, 2003 03:40PM

LOL! His latest news Fflash had me laughing out loud at work myself, and I don't do that often.

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Date: April 19, 2003 03:44PM

Work, or laughing out loud?

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: April 19, 2003 03:49PM

Well, I was referring specifically to laughing out loud whilst at work, but I suppose either might apply. I did laugh a lot during Jasper's talk on Monday, though, and probably grinned like a fool through the whole thing.

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Date: April 19, 2003 04:04PM

In my case grinning like a fool is more or less by definition

PSD

==========

Posted by: Carla (---.zen.co.uk)
Date: April 19, 2003 04:35PM

ahahahahahaha that is just brilliant!

Date: April 19, 2003 04:38PM

Thankyou.

Oh, you meant Jasper's denial. Damn.

Maybe the soup can be passed off as 'detailing' - I mean distressed jeans are all the rage at the mo, so...

PSD

==========

Date: April 19, 2003 05:00PM

Well, in that case I'm right in fashion. The shirt I'm presently wearing has a nice grease stain right in front. Having spent the weekend shopping and making dodos instead of doing laundry, I had a choice between that and a Detroit Red Wings shirt, which seemed like a poor idea to wear this soon after the team's embarassment earlier this week. (The current Stanley Cup Champions shoud NOT be eliminated in the first round of the playoffs -- in a sweep -- by the Anaheim Mighty Ducks. It's just wrong.)

--------------
--Ross Smith

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: April 19, 2003 05:18PM

Mighty Ducks? Seriously?

We've had dodos, a drunken penguin, and now... ducks?!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Date: April 19, 2003 05:26PM

Yes. Our champion hockey team, one of the original six members of the NHL, has been beaten by a team named after a Disney movie. A very sad day in Detroit sports history. (Basically, we outplayed them in every game, but their goaltender was amazing, and ours made a few mistakes, so they won every game by one goal.)

--------------
--Ross Smith

Date: April 19, 2003 05:39PM

So, another fluky Anaheim team... (Baseball started a couple of weeks ago, and Five is still worth watching for it)

PSD

==========

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: April 19, 2003 05:52PM

Gosh. I just can't imagine, say, a football (soccer) team in England being named after a Disney character.

We have an absolutely poker-faced gentleman (well, he sounds it, anyway) called James Alexander Gordon who reads the football results on Radio 5 Live every Saturday night. He coped superbly with the jaw-breaking result "Forfar 4, East Fife 5" on one memorable occasion, but I must admit I boggle at the idea of him gravely reading out a result along the lines of "Swindon Pluto 1, Chichester Mickey Mouse 0".

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Date: April 19, 2003 05:54PM

JAG is also notable for making the result oif a amatch bleeding obvious BEFORE even finishing saying the name of the home team. Genius.

PSD

==========

Date: April 19, 2003 05:57PM

Well, it was a movie about an underdog hockey team called "The Mighty Ducks", so it does make some sense, I suppose.

--------------
--Ross Smith

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: April 19, 2003 08:00PM

*laugh* just read Jasper's news flash. Leave it to someone whose worked in the film industry to have identical garments with identical stains.

Date: April 19, 2003 08:12PM

Methinks he was kidding about the stain. Er, stains. Right.

--------------
--Ross Smith

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: April 19, 2003 08:14PM

Yes, I figured he was. I was laughing because I've worked in theater costuming and we often had to create costumes where we had a series of the same thing and had to recreate identical stains, rips etc. on it. I'm sorry, my previous post was way too vague.

Date: April 19, 2003 08:20PM

Ah, now I get it.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: April 19, 2003 08:30PM

Lol on Jasper's post! I love that he lurks...what else can we pick on so he'll comment? <EVIL grin!>

And Magda, Magda, Magda! I'm SO sorry about the Red Wings (I actually really like them!) But don't feel too bad. My Capitals can't hold a 2 game playoff lead to save their lives! I was attempting to watch a game the other night and I had to flip back and forth with something else and everytime I'd turn on the game, Tampa Bay would score another one! Oh and, PS, I'm not sure Jagr was worth the money they paid for him! (I love Olie the Goalie - he's my cutie!)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.