New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Alan
Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: April 17, 2003 01:40PM

From the "What's New" page...

+++ Fforde News Fflash: Fforde, after giving a talk in Dayton, Ohio, was presented with a soft toy V1.2 Dodo by Magda, a Fforde Fforum Stalwart. Fforde was reputedly described as delighted by the gift, and has named the new addition to his office 'Alan'. (Reporter: 'Scoop' Slattersthwaite, Salford Daily Eyestrain) +++

Re: Alan
Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: April 17, 2003 01:42PM

Cool! I'm thrilled that he likes it!

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: April 17, 2003 01:59PM

That's my husband's name - I will never be able to look at him again in the same light! Mind you, he's old enough to remember Dodos........

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: April 17, 2003 02:00PM

ahahahah, can he stand on one leg? does he say Plock or ...... can't say but you'll know what I mean ;-)

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: April 17, 2003 04:35PM

He can stand on one leg for a very short period of time - as short as it takes to remove the sock from the foot that is not being stood on actually!

Of course, it's an even short period of time if he's imbibed that evening..........must check out the 'Plock' situation..................

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: April 17, 2003 07:18PM

One of my best friends is called Alan. And he lives in the Forest of Dean!

Shake those entroposcopes... ;-)

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: dante (---.internal.omneuk.com)
Date: April 17, 2003 07:25PM

How far into the Forest of Dean can an Alan walk?

Date: April 17, 2003 07:25PM

And I attended my high school senior prom with a boy named Alan.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: April 17, 2003 09:11PM

Alan is my father-in-law's name!

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 17, 2003 11:23PM

I know of precisely one Alan, and I don't want to think of him. Strange how memory works, reallly...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Auntysassy (---.webport.bt.net)
Date: April 18, 2003 01:51PM

It's true - I'm married to a Dodo! Last night I mentioned this 'thread' and said that all he had to do to prove it he is a dodo was to 'plock' - so he went 'plock'. More than once as well.

Now very worried.

Posted by: Carla (---.zen.co.uk)
Date: April 18, 2003 06:35PM

ahahaha is he a Version 1.2 or does he have wings?
:-)

Date: April 18, 2003 09:37PM

*for added comfort and security* ?

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: April 19, 2003 12:32PM

Ouch!

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Posted by: Carla (---.zen.co.uk)
Date: April 19, 2003 02:16PM

heehee took me a second to get that one!

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 21, 2003 12:15AM

PSD pays attention to adverts for sanitary towels. I'm worried....

Date: April 21, 2003 01:34AM

I hate to break it to you, but I'll pay attention to naything that appears ripe for parody.....

PSD

==========

Posted by: Auntysassy (---.webport.bt.net)
Date: April 21, 2003 09:27AM

I've got a Dodo that cooks! He's just made me a veggie omelette! Oh, I love Bank Holidays - late up, long bath and Dodo makes me breakie!

I'll rent him out if anyone's interested.............

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: April 21, 2003 07:58PM

What a splendid Dodo... he deserves a whole bag of marshmallows! :-)

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Date: May 08, 2003 02:18PM

Hmmmm....

I've just realized that Alan (the soft toy dodo, not Auntysassy's hubby) is likely now significantly better traveled than I am. He's presumably now traveled all over the US with Jasper, and then back to the UK, while I have never yet been to the West coast (although I'm planning to visit my brother in Seattle in August) or to Europe.

Not bad, considering he was "hatched" (well, sewn really) on April 13th, and is thus less than a month old. Apparently dodo chicks are precocious.

--------------
--Ross Smith

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.