New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
To lighten the mood just a bit
Posted by: Jazz_Sue (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: February 20, 2009 12:41PM

I was taking a gander through Google images and found this, on a surrealist art site. Somehow, it just struck me as being awfully Bookworld - a replacement vehicle for Austen tours, perhaps?
[www.beinart.org]

Re: To lighten the mood just a bit
Date: February 20, 2009 12:47PM

It's called the Trans europe express, by the way. Anyone interested in other work by Patricia van lubeck (or any of the other modern surrealists featured) can find it here:
[beinart.org]

Posted by: splat21 (195.33.121.---)
Date: February 20, 2009 01:52PM

Only surreal if you haven't taken the train down to Portsmouth when there's a very stormy high tide...

Date: February 20, 2009 03:36PM

Done that, been there, got the wet T shirt. But don't you think this would make a superb front cover for the next TN book? then again, Jasper's regular artist might not agree.

Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range81-155.btcentralplus.com)
Date: February 20, 2009 08:01PM

Reminding me... This caught my eye recently.

Straight out of the Lloyds Adverts, almost, the latest design from Japan. East Japan Railways have unveiled the exterior designs for its next generation of Shinkansen trains. Can't see them running on the branch lines of Wiltshire any time soon...

http://premium1.uploadit.org/ChrisCornwall3/News/japane5.jpg

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: February 21, 2009 04:57PM

Love the image JS!

Has anyone mentioned the newly build steam loco?

It is "Tornado", a Peppercorn class A1 Pacific, recently completed and the first new mainline steam train in the U.K. for 50 years.

Posted by: BibwitHart (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: February 22, 2009 10:36AM

Almost Art Deco, what was that famous Art Deco graphic designer called? He did some train posters in a similar vein.

Posted by: bunyip (---.as1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: February 25, 2009 04:20AM

i think the new Japan railways vehicle is a methaphor for male dominance. Perhaps their is an executive director in there somewhere crying out for help.

Be a good train to Rockall.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.