New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
topics not showing new...anyone else?
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 23, 2003 03:24PM

Hi all...

Is anyone else having problems with Phorum not showing which topics have new posts?

My computer hiccuped yesterday and I had to power down manually and it seems the only thing that screwed up is that I lost ALL my bookmarks (argh!) in Netscape and now I can't see what's new in here.

I reinstalled the browser, but that didn't help. Any hints from the other uber-geeks? (I'm usually one of those and I'm stumped!)

Re: topics not showing new...anyone else?
Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: May 23, 2003 03:46PM

all fine here

Posted by: dante (---.kw.bbc.co.uk)
Date: May 23, 2003 04:02PM

It's ok here just now, but I have had problems with it before... (my main problem just now is that I browse on two different computers, home and work, and wish they were telepathic...)

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: May 23, 2003 04:32PM

Okay here in Farnham.... and at home in Stroud

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 23, 2003 08:20PM

Ummm. I am still aspiring to geekdom. Can't help, I'm afraid. :-(

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: dave (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 23, 2003 11:53PM

erm. some kind of cookie problem. THough not using netscape, no idea where it keeps them.

I had it for a while, ended up closing internet, deleting all temp internet files, clearing the cache, deleting *all* my cookies, and it seemed to work...

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 24, 2003 12:16AM

I've deleted my cookies and cleared cache and disk storage and I'm still having probs. It'll show a new icon every now and again, but if I look at the time, I know there are more new ones. It's really odd. Maybe I'll just get rid of ALL of my cookies. Maybe there's a conflict now. Although, I hate to do that b/c it can screw up my auto-fill in things at some sites.

GRR! I hate computers sometimes!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.