New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Baby Thursday!
Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: May 02, 2003 10:20PM

Speaking of days of the week, a friend of a friend is called Friday Jones.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 02, 2003 10:26PM

Dr Jones, Jones, Calling Dr Jones...

Sorry, I have no idea what caused that outbreak of Aqua. I'll go and bang my head against the computer...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 02, 2003 11:41PM

My driving instructer was John Smith. You'd have thought his parents could have tried a little bit harder with his name

Posted by: crazy_june (---.look.ca)
Date: May 03, 2003 12:07AM

But what do you expect from Ms. Jane Doe-Smith and Mr. Dick Tom and Harry Smith?

Posted by: crrbllsweetie (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: May 03, 2003 02:53AM

A friend's mom was named April Dworetz, she married a man named Merrick Furst...we call her April Fools, but she kept her maiden name. The couple almost named their oldest son Hugo, but then they had second thoughts. I'm sure they imagined:

"What's your name?"
"Hugo Furst."
"No, you first!!"

- currer bell (if you don't know that's a pseudoynm for genius what are u doing here? lol)

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 03, 2003 03:52AM

Oooh, look! Another lurker decides to join in! Welcome crrbllsweetie! Come on in, make yourself to home.

Date: May 03, 2003 12:15PM

Sweet porcupine on a stick - how am I supposed to type crrbllsweetie accurately????? I struggle enough with my own name. Nevermind - welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll fit right in...

Onward!

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 03, 2003 01:13PM

My Mum knew an old lady called Lavender Basket

Date: May 03, 2003 05:00PM

I used to know a chap called Tony Wilde, who took great delight in telling us that his paternal grandmother's maiden name was Oates. "You can just imagine the engagement announcement," he used to say, with a sly grin.

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Date: May 03, 2003 05:08PM

Oh that her first name was Sue...

PSD

==========

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 03, 2003 07:34PM

lol. Nothing unusual about my name. Except that people have a tendency to say 'Butter' when they are reading my appaling handwriting rather than 'Butler', hence the nick-name 'margarine'...

I have a book written by 'Frank N. Stein' but then it was a book on monsters so I think they were just being faecetious...

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.156ce.scvmaxonline.com.sg)
Date: May 03, 2003 07:35PM

The name thursday is fine. Am glad TN is not called "today" or "yesterday", do u think they will name her that?

Date: May 03, 2003 07:38PM

Think who will name what which?

Sorry, got a little confused there...

Thinking about that, did you ever get on the case of 'the week of Thursday Next' Sarah? If you did I must have missed it...

--------------

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.156ce.scvmaxonline.com.sg)
Date: May 03, 2003 07:53PM

Clarify:
If fforde were to name Thursay Next as "Today Next" or "Yesterday Next" instead, u think e parents (steve & sam) will name e baby gal that?

Date: May 03, 2003 07:57PM

Hmm, maybe not. But Today and Yesterday don't have the same comic ring that Thursday does, so I don't think that dear Jasper would have done.

Mildred says 'plock' to you by the way. (She's not being rude, Mildred is my pet dyslexic dodo. Don't ask.)

--------------

Date: May 03, 2003 08:59PM

Re the case of Thursday Next Week: I was about to get onto it, but then I got a job. I am now working for David, helping him to sell lingerie. It pays better than writing does, admittedly, but it's not quite so creative and I haven't really got time to do both... ah well. David himself is still writing the Nextarillion, but that is at the cost of sensible sleeping hours. I can't manage that!

Still doing the odd piece of fan fiction now and again, but sadly that is about my current limit.

Sarah

Date: May 04, 2003 10:45AM

Fair enough. I know that my own amount of churned out gunk (otherwise known as 'stuff wot I has wrote') has decreased since my life has got more hectic.

I'll just assume that it's gone in the Ff files. (As oppossed to the X files, obviously.)

--------------

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: May 09, 2003 10:47AM

I just received this News Fflash from Hodder.
It seems they are a bit behind on the news
:-)

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: May 09, 2003 10:56AM

Hey Carla - how come you get the newsflashes from Hodder? I can't find anywhere on the site to sign up! Can you get me on the list at all, old pal old buddy? :-)))

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: May 09, 2003 11:09AM

It was just the Key Account person we do the deals with that sent the email.

They don't normally send out stuff, so I think they were just dead chuffed with this news
:-)

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.