New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: surfing ducks
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 23, 2003 06:26PM

I heard an interview on Five live that said it was based on two takes, as there wasn't enough space to fit in the whole thing as one shot. If you watch carefully you can spot it. Essentially, however, the whole thing would work as a whole entity, even though it took a fair few takes to do it!

Interestingly they pitched it to Honda saying 'We reckon this'll have some impact, but you might want to make it a bit longer to really get people to take notice.'. Honda said 'How long's an ad-break? Lets go for the whole two minutes then...'

EDIT--> 'WATH' turned into 'watch'. I'm not Violet Elizabeth Bott describing bathtime...

Post Edited (04-23-03 19:42)

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 24, 2003 12:51AM

My favourite bit is the windscreen wipers walking backwards. Dunno why, exactly. I'm always disappointed when they show the shorter version; I was starting to think I'd imagined there were more.

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: April 24, 2003 09:50AM

Rob - yes it would have been the Sunday Telegraph - the Dodo buys it while I'm still in bed and then I get up to read it while drinking the tea that he's made as well.

Well trained Dodo, him.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.