New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Frazzled
Posted by: Andrea (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 11, 2003 07:21PM

just to let you know life has taken over with a vengance here. I haven't managed to read anything for a few days.

what's happening?

well I have visitors arriving to stay tomorrow and at the moment no space for them so I'm off to sort that in a min

Dell is going in to Hospital Tuesday morning for an operation, they rang yesterday to say they could fit her in

Dell is 18 on Saturday (a week tomorrow) and I have things to organise before she gets back from Wales on Monday night, and things to plan for after she gets home from the hospital on Wednesday (if all is well)

She still thinks she is going to the signing on Wednesday night (no way she'll be up to it, I expect Rhys will stop with her, but I'd really like to go if I can - at least 5 of us still will be going for definite poss 8 if she really is up to it does that affect numbers for the meal?)

We have a meal planned for the Friday night

Dell had planned to go to Scarborough on her birthday, I don't know if this will happen, but she'd like to try unless the hospital ban it

Oh and Dell got offered a job today too, and they are willing to wait for her :-)

And I am a lot better, I've been to town two days in a row, I think if I can keep this up I'll be back at work in a week or so

so if there is anything I need to know please e-mail me direct, I'll try and catch up when I can but .....

Magda do you still want me to get the book?
Dave I've remembered your request too

Post Edited (07-11-03 20:22)

---
Sylvester says.... *plock*

actually he says peep, cheep, chirrup, squalk,muttermuttergrumblegrumble, oh and now he falls off his pirch whish is followed by a sheepish peek round to see if anyone was looking and a quick scramble back up

Re: Frazzled
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 11, 2003 07:26PM

Best wishes to Dell for the op - hope it's nothing serious.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: July 11, 2003 07:31PM

she was knocked down 2.5 years ago and broke her leg quite badly, they put a lot of metal in there to help it get better, all was fine till last March when it started hurting, she's had alsorts done to get rid of the pain and now they've decided to remove the metal

---

actually he says peep, cheep, chirrup, squalk,muttermuttergrumblegrumble, oh and now he falls off his pirch whish is followed by a sheepish peek round to see if anyone was looking and a quick scramble back up

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 11, 2003 07:36PM

Best wishes and happy birthday.

Posted by: Guy (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 11, 2003 07:38PM

Yes, do give Dell all our best -- we'll be thinking of her

Jesus saves; Buddha does incremental backup.

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 11, 2003 08:02PM

Poor Dell! I hope the operation goes well. At least it's after her birthday, not before. I hope the Scarborough trip doesn't have to be cancelled, too.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Date: July 11, 2003 08:08PM

it's before, the op is on tuesday 15th, birthday saturday 19th

---

Date: July 11, 2003 08:14PM

Eeep. I got confused and thought her birthday was tomorrow. Sorry!

I hope she'll be all right in time for her birthday, then.

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 11, 2003 08:55PM

Andrea...please send Dell my best wishes for a very speedy recovery!

is she allergic or has she been tested for an allergy to nickel?? That is a huge component in surgical steel and unless they used titanium, she may be having a reaction to the metal. Sometimes it takes years to show up. But when it does, it can cause major pain and even symptoms of Lupus where the joints all ache, etc. Just a thought worth pondering....

I'm really glad you're starting to feel better. I know what it's like to be laid up and not able to go anywhere. Enough to drive you nuts!

Date: July 11, 2003 09:04PM

Yikes! I read somewhere that 25% of women were allergic to nickel. I also know I'm one of them. I really hope that's not the problem - it sounds horrible.

Sarah

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 12, 2003 02:30AM

My friend, Glen, had lots of metal bits in him after taking a step backwards at the top of a cliff he'd just climbed (doh !). His Dad is keen on DIY and had bought one of those widgets you use for finding wiring in the walls. Some of them act like mini metal detectors. He pointed it at Glen one day, and sure enough, it went off.

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: July 12, 2003 05:41AM

Andrea - Hope you get properly better soon, and best wishes to Dell for the op.

Posted by: dante (---.kw.bbc.co.uk)
Date: July 12, 2003 11:42AM

Best wishes to both of you! Hope to see you on Wednesday :o) I'm sure the hospital would lend Dell a wheelchair, and we could take turns pushing...

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Posted by: Dell (212.32.44.---)
Date: July 12, 2003 12:34PM

Hello! Thankyou for the messages :)

To clear some things up (:P at mom)
I will be at the signing
I am going to scarborough for my birthday
You will never get me in a wheelchair (apart from the times I'm in one in the hospital)

I think that's it :)

See you wednesday! *grin*

Date: July 12, 2003 12:47PM

hmmmm

we'll see

and yes she probsably is allergic to nickel, she has bad reactions to earrings so I'd guess so, but we were told it didn't have nickel in it

---

Date: July 12, 2003 12:55PM

AFAIK, it's titanium, does that have nickel in? I've only had bad reactions to those plastic earrings

oh poot, got to put my earrings in (took them out for my interview, didn't think a zip, a high heel shoe, a stop sign & a little blue blob with evil on would have helped me get the job *grin*)

Ooh & we saw a dodo on.. the other day (what day is it now? it was a few days ago, I can't remember)

Date: July 12, 2003 01:23PM

Dell - glad to see you round here again! That means I can give you my best wishes personally. Hope to see you on Wednesday. :-)

Dido is curious to know about the dodo you saw, in case it might be one of her relations.

Sarah

Date: July 12, 2003 01:27PM

It was stood in the bushes by the UGC cinema in cardiff. Rhys thought it was a baby seagull (how misinformed). It could have been a peegull (a baby seageon). But it must have been a dodo. It was dirty & all messy (a lot of the birds are round here, especially the pigeons) & scraggly. & it wasn't flying & it was a dodo. A baby one mind, looked all lost :)

It wasn't there when we went back though.

Posted by: Simon (193.82.99.---)
Date: July 12, 2003 02:12PM

It was probably removed, as an anachronism, by the ChronoGuard...

Dell: Best wishes for the operation & subsequent recovery, and Happy Birthday.

Everybody else who's here: Happy Unbirthday.

"This vas villed vhere vhat is villed... can get rather silly."

Post Edited (07-12-03 17:20)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.