New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Nursery crime on radio!
Posted by: Jazz_Sue (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: December 22, 2009 02:04PM

Apparently, R4 is to broadcast a spoof "news" program from the nursery world, hosted by Jack Tweedledum and Jim Tweedledee, based on crimes and events happening in the nursery world!

I've just been reading nursery crime books (again) so this was uncanny. The first episode broadcasts Xmas Eve. Here's the blurb:

"Twin presenters John Tweedledum and Jim Tweedledee present in-depth news analysis covering the latest stories happening this 'once upon a time'.

The scandal of Jack and his genetically-modified beanstalk.

With Jack Dee, Peter Capaldi, Chris Addison, Lewis MacLeod, Lucy Montgomery, Vicki Pepperdine, Dan Tetsell.

Written by Ian Hislop and Nick Newman."

Wow. Like - has Ian Hislop been nicking ideas again or what?! I think the next one is on boxing day - what's the betting there'll be an egg involved?

Anyhow - here's the link. I suggest it might be better than yet another rerun of the "Fools and Horses Christmas Special", even without pictures.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2009 02:06PM by Jazz_Sue.

Re: Nursery crime on radio!
Posted by: Jazz_Sue (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: December 22, 2009 02:09PM

Episode 2 is the traditional "Queen of Hearts" christmas message. And episode 4 is - wait for it - advice from food campaigner Jack Spratt!!!

Anyone else hear about this? Or am I the only one who listens to R4 in taffic jams?

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: December 23, 2009 09:53AM

Nice catch!

I will try to listen to them although
In Ian Hislop's defence, I suspect that he has just nicked them from the same source as our glorious leader got them, rather than from the Nursery Crime books.

(A bit like Apple accusing Microsoft of nicking the graphic user interface from them when in fact they had both nicked it from Xerox - allegedly).

Posted by: MartinB (---.dynamic.isadsl.co.za)
Date: December 23, 2009 03:22PM

Wish I could get interesting BBC stuff here.

Ah well.

I see Mary Mary is reporting on an Egg on a Wall in episode 6.

Let me know what you thought.

- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2009 03:24PM by MartinB.

Posted by: PrinzHilde (---.dip.t-dialin.net)
Date: December 23, 2009 04:37PM

BBC Radio is available as an internet live stream even outside the UK, nicely packed in a flash application. You can get it from the Radio 4 home page. I am not so sure whether the programme will be available for download afterwards. You Brits know more about this?

I think I'll be listening in.

Date: December 23, 2009 05:47PM

They aren't usually available for download other than iplayer for 7 days. I don't know if iplayer is U.K. only but suspect it is.

Posted by: PrinzHilde (---.dip.t-dialin.net)
Date: December 24, 2009 12:09AM

I was just able to listen to this monday's episode of I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue, so it seems to work from here (Germany).

And now there is a video takeout on the Humpty Dumpty Suicide Riddle online. I like the defibrillator.

Date: December 24, 2009 07:32AM

More sunny side up than big over easy?

Posted by: MartinB (---.dynamic.isadsl.co.za)
Date: December 25, 2009 10:53AM

Which would be fine but for the bandwidth paucity in South Africa. At least at home. At university it is much better....

- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.