New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Avatar
Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.253-239-202.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: February 11, 2010 10:46AM

Alice looks like it is going to be amazing, definitely going to the cinema for that.

Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.zone6.bethere.co.uk)
Date: February 12, 2010 08:12PM

Currently Alice is in jeopardy. The cinemas are threatening to not show it unless Disney reverses its idea to shrink the theatrical time before a dvd release.

Posted by: PrinzHilde (---.dip.t-dialin.net)
Date: February 12, 2010 11:43PM

Today I was able to see the recontructed original cut of Fritz Lang's "Metropolis" (the premiere screening, it was shown parallel in Berlin, Frankfurt and on TV in Germany and France). With now 147 (of 153) minutes, it is the most complete version ever shown since the original screening in Berlin 1927. The original musical score was performed in its entirety and live for this show.

If you have the chance to see this version, I surely recommend it. Even though the 20 additional minutes come from a terminally scratched and half-destroyed 16 mm copy, I think they are essential for the film story and well worth to be included.

I have to admit I had never seen the film before, so I am not really the person to do comparisons of different versions. But one thing I can say; it is really an impressive work.

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: February 13, 2010 10:33AM

I will look forward to this. I have the 118 minute version with the Gottfried Huppertz score and I hate to admit it, but I still have the appalling 80 minute Moroder version. (Timings are European: U.S. would be shorter.)

I know that there are plans to release this version on Blu-Ray sometime this year, so I may have to wait for that.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.