New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper
0) A common substance of physical reality.
1) Salt - No. But edible.
2) Does "0) A common substance of physical reality" imply that it is neither Animal, nor Vegetable, nor Mineral? - No implication but vegetable and animal, with no mineral as far as I am aware.
3) Is it a liquid? Hot in its most common aspect. It becomes tacky at body temperature and melts before 373K, sorry, 100C.
4) Do you own any? Not right now, although I often have temporary stocks.
5) when you say "stocks" I wonder, could it be some sort of soup? I have not heard/read/dreamed of this being either a complete or even partial component of a soup, but then the multiverse is wider than my dreams. It is often consumed as part of a drink, or even composes the entire drink, but is more often consumed in a more solid form.
0) OK It's almost wholly mineral
1) Is it edible? Not normally edible by humans unless death is imminent
2) Is it chalk? Not chalk but I like it.
3) Is it somebody's ear bitten off in a 'sporting' contest? Not an ear, not even cauliflower flavour.
4) Is it sand? Not sand but invariably found at the British seaside
5) Is it Brighton Rock? Not rock of any kind.
6) Is it normally found indoors?