New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
about me
Posted by: jon burnett (119.153.203.---)
Date: March 04, 2010 02:43PM

Re: about me
Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.is.nottingham.ac.uk)
Date: March 04, 2010 03:24PM

Crikey Nora!

Now, wouldn't those look good on the Treehouse?

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: March 04, 2010 03:33PM

2 posts, 2 new threads and all we get is an advert. I am hiding the pies so that they don't get contaminated with spam.

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: March 06, 2010 10:03AM

What you mean to say that you haven't seen the spam and BBQ sauce pies already? They've got a big S on top to distinguish them.

Date: March 06, 2010 11:29AM

I am not sure that the "S" is for spam on a spam and BBQ sauce pie. I suspectit is for "Not very edible"

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: March 07, 2010 09:13AM

BBQ sauce covers up the spam flavour. Making it marginally more edible.

Posted by: geg (---.15-2.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: March 09, 2010 01:34PM

"S" stands for Scone Pies.

Posted by: BibwitHart (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: March 10, 2010 09:40AM

A bit of a let down, I don't like any kind of spam (especially being non-carnivorous). I'd prefer lace curtains in the tree house anyone else?

Posted by: Lymond (---.pool1.Tannochside-STR4003-BAS0001.orangehomedsl.co.uk)
Date: March 11, 2010 12:22AM

This is an apocryphal post and just because its already been spammed today, but does anybody have a hub pages account?

Date: March 11, 2010 07:55AM

I don't have a hubpages account, but after a quick look, if you are thinking of using one to generate a little income, it doesn't look like a scam. You make money from advertising and then spamming people to visit your article, increasing your hit rate and thus the site's advertising revenue.

Assuming that hubpages pay up (I have no knowledge whether they do or don't) and that you have the time to write the articles, the only cost of the small payouts would be that you, as a spammer, would be classified alongside traffic wardens, senior banking staff and U.K. M.P.s caught with their hands in public coffers.

There is a reasonable article here.

(word "look" added, to make the sentence readable!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2010 03:51PM by SkidMarks.

Posted by: Lymond (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: March 11, 2010 01:52PM

Thanks Skids, I have a dark dark confession. I became a minion of google a while back and already have a hubpages account :-) In order not to go to the 598th level of hell with the traffic wardens, senior bankers and all MPs MEPs and MSPs I refrain from posting my link on things that don't belong to me. (Gets a 103 levels discount! in with the insurance people, workers of public transport and little grannies with battering rams on wheels, I mean, shopping trollies)

I was curious as to who else scribes for the devil.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (141.132.132.---)
Date: March 18, 2010 05:30AM

I gotta say, that's some of the oddest spam we've had... Not a mention of a knock off handbag to be seen!

The financial crisis must have hit those venetian blind manufacturers hard!

Part time Quantum Elephant hollower

Date: March 18, 2010 09:48AM

I hope that we haven't scared jon burnett away. Perhaps if he re-posts and includes something other than a blatant plug, I might offer some pie after all.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My computer beat me at chess, but I won at kickboxing

Posted by: Lymond (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: March 18, 2010 01:47PM

Kitten, i guess it's got to be worse for them, it's already a fair struggle to manufacture things when you're blind!

As for handbags, I have a real foe fur one for sale... I killed my worse enemy using an elaborate trap involving two boiled eggs, a piece of string, a spoke from a wheel and a gratuitously vicious gerbil. Then I turned him into a bag, genuine foe fur!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.