New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Fred Wedlock RIP
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: March 04, 2010 03:37PM

I have just received the sad news that Fred Wedlock has died of a heart attack.

Those of you of a certain age will remember his hit record: "The Oldest Swinger in Town". He was one of the funniest performers on the folk club circuit of the 70's and more recently a wonderful after-dinner speaker as well as an all-round likeable person.

I'll miss him.

Re: Fred Wedlock RIP
Posted by: Lycanthra Pod (---.range86-184.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 04, 2010 08:01PM

That is sad, he was quite the champion of Bristol and the West Country

Re: Fred Wedlock RIP
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: March 14, 2010 12:40AM

I believe he was a major presence on local radio. I would have loved to hear him!

Besides being a fan of his music & comedy, I remember a wonderful instance where, after booking him and the evening being a disastrous failure due to fog stopping the potential audience turning up, we paid him what we could, but far short of the agreed fee, only to be told by his wife that as he had enjoyed himself so much that he was happy to make it up next time he came.
(She actually said that she doubted that he was too bothered as he was sat in the garden, smiling at the daffodils.)

He was a gentleman, a truly funny man and an honest person. The world is a lesser place without him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.