New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Know your colours, but do what 220-100-80 tells you
Posted by: PrinzHilde (---.dip.t-dialin.net)
Date: March 17, 2010 02:29PM

Apparently this colour is a sales booster: The Bing blue color that's worth $80 million Who cares about healing when he can gain a benefit?

(Whoever implied that this colour had an "undertone of purple" needs his monitor checked. It has 25% green!)

Re: Know your colours, but do what 220-100-80 tells you
Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (141.132.132.---)
Date: March 18, 2010 05:57AM

Riiiiiiiiiiight... I'm an art student, and even I think that's a load of wank. Blue has been used for at least a decade (that's as far back as I can remember using the internet, lol). Maybe someone should copyright the alphabet?

Part time Quantum Elephant hollower

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: March 18, 2010 11:23AM

No the alphabet is already covered by Patent!

The followed link shade is a tad purple-ish. The ANZ bank also have their own blue.

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: March 18, 2010 03:08PM

I suppose if any gets to the end of a rainbow they will be able to deliver a cease and desist order on it for colour infringement.

Posted by: steeljam (---.range86-147.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 20, 2010 11:54AM

The big problem is that not everyone has their monitor properly calibrated so the colours they see are not the right shade.
I do a lot of photo editing and what I think looks good on my main machine looks not as good on my laptop and my wife's PC. I have no control how anyone else sees the images.
You can buy a unit to calibrate your monitor but it is not @#$%& and expensive unless you have dozens of monitors to check.

-----------------------------------------
Joint winner Colouring Competition 2007
and outright winner of the 3 time winner of the Ffestival Dodo Feeding competition.
Fforde Ffiesta Ffotos are here - [www.flickr.com]

Posted by: BibwitHart (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: March 26, 2010 05:12AM

And then there are those people who suffer from colour blindness. Apparently this affects more men than women. Colour should be for everyone, not patented.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.