New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Going Postal on Sky
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: April 03, 2010 10:50AM

For those of us in the U.K. (and any naughty Europeans with a Sky box) The newest PTerry t.v. extravaganza, "Going Postal", will be aired in May.

Re: Going Postal on Sky
Posted by: MuseSusan (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: April 03, 2010 04:58PM

Aw, you Brits have all the good television. I've been anticipating this since it was announced, growing more excited as I've seen pictures from the filming, since it's my favorite of all PTerry's books. But I'll have to wait months before they release it on DVD!

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: April 04, 2010 09:45AM

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.197.132.60.threembb.co.uk)
Date: June 29, 2010 11:44PM

Got to say, I thought that the programme was great - I just wished that it was as funny as the book. ( I would have settled on half as funny.) I am begining to think that while Sky are doing the best that can be done, the humour cannot survive the transfer. Trust me, it is difficult for me to applaud Sky, but I really think that they have done a great job, but the PTerry humour was not there.

Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.is.nottingham.ac.uk)
Date: June 30, 2010 08:44AM

I liked it too. Lipwig's narration could have been cut down and replaced with something more visual but otherwise pretty good. And literary humour is too cerebral a thing to be very well adapted for a visual medium. At least, that's the humble opinion.

Posted by: bunyip (---.sa.gov.au)
Date: May 31, 2011 02:19AM

Finally saw it last week.

Like most adaptions you have to consider it as a different version of the same story. I thought that there were unnecessary changes from the book that did not make the story stronger but may have weakened it. Especially the bit about the forged bonds at the bank. That should have been left as writted.

Next year I will watch Hogfather.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.