New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
juggling
Posted by: dave (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: April 24, 2003 11:13PM

anyone out there juggle?

found a great juggling simulator today:

www.smallsquare.co.uk

Re: juggling
Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: April 24, 2003 11:18PM

I can do a simple three ball cascade, and occassionally one over the top, but that's about it, and eventually my left handed throws drift too far for me to catch.

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 24, 2003 11:23PM

I can't juggle, although I'll occasionally try, normally when drunk. These two facts might be related...

I can juggle browser windows, however...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: April 25, 2003 10:41AM

I can juggle work with life very well- am often doing 3 or 5 things at once - unlike the Dodo who has to work down the job queue. Only thing is, I've never seen this job queue written down anywhere so I can't see where my new shelves for my sewing machine and silver work tools are on it.

I'd do them myself (after all I decorated the back room and put down the new carpet alone whilst the Dodo was away - and any bad jokes about a dead carpet will be severely punished!) but he's nicked my power drill and I can't find it anywhere!

I could be a millionaire - if I had the money........

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: April 25, 2003 11:04AM

Does he know he is "the Dodo" now?
;-)

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: April 25, 2003 11:35AM

Oh yes - the Dodo knows!

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: April 25, 2003 12:30PM

I do a nice line in entertaining children and scaring parents by juggling fire clubs. Usually to pithy comments from the children such as 'Daddy, is he supposed to keep dropping them.' Bless the little darlings...

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: April 25, 2003 12:39PM

and 'should the lawn be burning like that?'

:-)

Date: April 25, 2003 12:42PM

It's only slightly charred. It'll be reet...

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: April 25, 2003 02:10PM

It's a good job they make one end hotter than the other. That way you know which end to catch.

Speaking of which, do you still have my unicycle? I must learn to ride it one of these days...

Date: April 25, 2003 02:59PM

Yep. It's somewhere in the garage amongst all the other bikes...

Posted by: Lycanthra Pod (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 25, 2003 11:00PM

I can't juggle, I've been trying for years, I'd get prizes for every throw landing in a different place mind you.Rob wrote:

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: April 25, 2003 11:08PM

In Denver, CO they have a Buskerfest every year where you can watch all manner of people juggling all sorts of interesting things.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 25, 2003 11:55PM

I'd like to see somebody try juggling cats...

Far more dangerous than knives...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 26, 2003 01:15AM

I did buy a set of juggling balls in a fit of misplaced optimism last year. Should have known better. I never mastered the overarm serve in tennis because I could never throw the ball straight up; it always went backwards, or too far forward. Funnily enough, my juggling balls keep doing the same thing....

Posted by: dante (---.thls.bbc.co.uk)
Date: April 26, 2003 02:00PM

I can juggle. Two balls or three, or sometimes four for a *very* short time... nice simulator. I can juggle other random objects that you can fit in your hand, but not clubs or bottles or anything dangerous. (actually, i've never tried anything dangerous on the grounds I can't even do clubs...)

Posted by: Simon (193.82.99.---)
Date: April 26, 2003 04:01PM

I can juggle two reasonably symmetrical items at a time, but have trouble keeping three in motion for long.
On a related topic, when I and my younger brother were still quite young (say about 10 & 7 years old, respectively) we saw a television programme (probably David Nixon's Magic Show) in which somebody demonstrated plate-spinning. Imagine our mother's horror when she entered the kitchen a little while later to find us trying to balance some of her best china on top of a pair of garden canes! (But we didn't break anything, honestly...)

"Some days I diet, other days they serve lasagne."

Post Edited (04-29-03 20:12)

Posted by: dante (---.thls.bbc.co.uk)
Date: April 26, 2003 04:11PM

Oooh, i can spin plates, too. But only if they're proper plate-spinning ones with big circles underneath. One of my mates was really good with those diablo things.

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: April 26, 2003 07:28PM

Minsky says:

If anyone tried juggling _me_, there would be serious trouble. Miaow!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: dave (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: April 26, 2003 09:33PM

I take it no-one has seen the Steve Martin 'kitty juggling' sketch? very very funny.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.