New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: For Ook...
Posted by: Simon (193.82.99.---)
Date: May 03, 2003 04:24PM

Bujold is one of my favourite (currently writing) authors, too. Did you know that a 'GURPS Barrayar' book is under production?

"Some days I diet; other days they serve lasagne."

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 03, 2003 11:09PM

I'd love to see Mile's stats under the GURPS system. Lots of points for all his health disadvantages, but you'd need to buy lots of advantages too, like wealth, charisma and intelligence. Certainly not a starting 100 points character

most western
Posted by: crrbllsweetie (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: May 04, 2003 12:18AM

From WAAAAAAYYY up there....

No you're not Magda, or anyone else!! I'm from San Francisco!!

bwahahahaha

----------------------------------------------------------------
Revolt! Revolt! No matter why or when,
It's novelty--old novelty again.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 04, 2003 01:26AM

Only by 4.89 degrees and 267 miles if you count it from San Francisco's lattitude. But it's only 227 miles if you count it from Spokane's lattitude. (My hubby was bored and sitting in front of the computer when I told him! so he had to go look it up! LOL)

And if you count from Seattle, (where I used to spend some summers as a child) it's actually farther west than SanFrancisco by 1.48 MINUTES! (less than a mile on either lattitude LOL)

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: May 04, 2003 03:21PM

Yes, Miles is great fun, and I rather like his folks too. And yes, he would have very interesting RPG stats.

The last (and one of the few) RPG I was in was a "You as you are" game, in which your starting character was yourself, with your real attributes and skills (starting points unrestricted), then you got dropped into a fantasy world.

Writing oneself up as a character was interesting, but playing myself wasn't as fun as playing someone else.

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 05, 2003 12:10AM

I have happy memories of an extended 'Star Wars' campaign. We were a real 'party party'. My character had skills in creating cocktails and usually had a stash of some liquor or other in her cabin. The green one with gold flecks was a particular favourite. She disctracted a security guard at a high-profile party, by wandering up to him and asking him to fix her skimpy top, which had come loose...
Heather wasn't exactly the 'Tongue-Tied Engineer' of the character archetype in the rule book.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.