New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Swt Mae
Posted by: Violetmoon (---.asa.utk.edu)
Date: September 07, 2010 05:39PM

I don't know. Are the Danes allowed in, now? If so, did they bring any food with them?

Posted by: geg (---.15-2.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: September 08, 2010 09:36PM

Welcome Mrswildthing, how lovely of you to join us. I do wonder how you managed to eat your dessert, perhaps with a fork, or you could have tried one of those wooden things for stirring coffee. I feel I should warn you that whatever the others say, you really must stay away from the Stumpy Scrumpy, even if they offer you free cheese. If the fact that it was made from the remains of somebody's three legged hedgehog is not enough to put you off, I could further add that it does terrible, terrible things to the short term memory, or so I believe

Posted by: mrswildthing (---.range86-156.btcentralplus.com)
Date: September 08, 2010 11:15PM

Stumpy scrumpy? No, never heard of it. Sorry, what dessert? I seem to be having terrible problems with my short term memory. This is the Terry Pratchett fan club isn't it?

Posted by: MuseSusan (149.106.157.---)
Date: September 09, 2010 10:33PM

"This is the Terry Pratchett fan club isn't it?"

Frequently yes!

Posted by: mrswildthing (---.range86-156.btcentralplus.com)
Date: September 10, 2010 08:32AM

That's ok then - I'll be right at home.

Posted by: geg (---.15-2.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: September 10, 2010 09:22AM

That's funny - I've been left at home.

Posted by: bunyip (---.pa.vic.optusnet.com.au)
Date: February 18, 2011 01:06AM

BK mentioned the AFL - the Awfully Fatuous Lot. I'd rather dress in roadkill than wear an AFL (or NRL) jersey.

The Stumpy Scrumpy sounds like its effects are like another drink I had in Wales.

Invented by the Scots at London Scottish RU club.

Take a half pint glass

insert on unit of orange juice
one measure of vodka

so now you have a screwdriver

add one Stones green ginger
one Jamieson's whisky
one brandy

this is known (by those whose memories survive) as a 'toolkit'

It doesn't always hurt afterwards but some devotees have reported feeling somewhat unicorn like by feeling they have a big long spike sticking out of their head.

I once downed a pint of this at a birthday celebration, then a couple of others. I wonder now if this could be the cause of the acquired brain injury, or if it was medicinal and reduced the damage?

Posted by: steeljam (---.range109-154.btcentralplus.com)
Date: February 27, 2011 01:21AM

geg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't rest until I know how you managed to eat
> the custard/yoghurt type dessert.
Custard is a Non-Newtonian fluid so you can walk on it or pick it up with a fork. It is all in the technique.

-----------------------------------------
Joint winner Colouring Competition 2007
and outright winner of the 3 time winner of the Ffestival Dodo Feeding competition.
Fforde Ffiesta Ffotos are here - [www.flickr.com]

Posted by: bunyip (---.pa.vic.optusnet.com.au)
Date: March 09, 2011 03:14AM

Do 'non-Newtonian' fluids have inertia, or do they ignore the inverse square law, or maybe they are undecided if they are a wave or a particle?

Further correspondence on this matter will be read with interest and a sense of detachment for custard rarely appears on my world line and it is usually disappearing into the distance when it does.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.