New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Camber Sands
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.196.102.82.threembb.co.uk)
Date: February 01, 2011 09:46PM

Are any Fforumites going to be at Camber Sands this weekend?

We are going down there on Thursday, so contact me or mrs. SkidMarks. We will have a laptop so can be in contact during the convention.

Re: Camber Sands
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.10-3.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: February 07, 2011 12:10PM

We have just returned from the SFX Weekender.

Sir PTerry announced that there will be a 4-part mini-series of Good Omens!
He also announced that he has finished the next Discworld book (starring Sam Vimes) and his conversation with Steven Baxter revealed lots of fun stuff about their upcoming collaboration.

Craig Charles revealed that there may be another series of Red dwarf, but he will have a problem getting out of his Corrie contract to do it.

Robert Rankin was his usual lunatic self and completely stole the weekend while presenting the awards (assisted by the lovely Lady Raygun.)

We got to see the movie "Skyline". It was free. It was still too expensive. Toxic waste.

Posted by: MuseSusan (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 07, 2011 03:06PM

Very exciting news (about Sir Pterry)!

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.10-3.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: February 08, 2011 12:35AM

Oh, yes. 150+ leaflets for the ffiesta distributed (quite a few with the assistance of Forbidden Planet - thanks guys for letting me "accidentally" leave them hanging around.

Next year the weekender will move to Prestatyn. We have already booked our tickets. It is THAT good!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2011 12:36AM by SkidMarks.

Posted by: steeljam (---.range86-163.btcentralplus.com)
Date: February 10, 2011 08:20PM

"Sir PTerry announced that there will be a 4-part mini-series of Good Omens!
He also announced that he has finished the next Discworld book (starring Sam Vimes) and his conversation with Steven Baxter revealed lots of fun stuff about their upcoming collaboration."

I'm looking forward to Good Omens. If Neil and Terry are happy with the production it should be brilliant.
I had lunch with Terry a couple of weeks ago and he was describing some of his favourite pieces in the new novel "Snuff", the working title for the next novel. It had just got off to the editors and I think he was feeling rather relieved. It features River Boats and so I can imagine plenty Mark Twain references appearing all over the place.

-----------------------------------------
Joint winner Colouring Competition 2007
and outright winner of the 3 time winner of the Ffestival Dodo Feeding competition.
Fforde Ffiesta Ffotos are here - [www.flickr.com]

Posted by: steeljam (---.range109-154.btcentralplus.com)
Date: February 27, 2011 01:07AM

Ah Camber Sands. Such memories, many enjoyable but a few painful.
Enjoyable days spent with the family enjoying the sun and sands and picnic. It was a pleasant drive from London.
Exhausing days spent training with my athletics club running along the beach and up and down the dunes.

-----------------------------------------
Joint winner Colouring Competition 2007
and outright winner of the 3 time winner of the Ffestival Dodo Feeding competition.
Fforde Ffiesta Ffotos are here - [www.flickr.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.