New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Does anybody know
Posted by: geg (---.15-2.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: March 30, 2011 12:14PM

where my car keys are? I've checked all the usual places.

Re: Does anybody know
Posted by: ibborobb (217.196.236.---)
Date: March 30, 2011 12:49PM

Have you checked between the sofa cushions/in the kitchen next to the kettle/in the pocket of the jacket you were wearing yesterday/in the half-light between this world and the next? - That's where mine usually are.

Posted by: MistyCat (---.dsl.dyn.ihug.co.nz)
Date: March 30, 2011 12:54PM

If all else fails, I know a bloke who knows a bloke who read a book on how to hotwire a car.

Date: March 30, 2011 12:59PM

I try and avoid the underworld ever since I inadvertently let slip to the ferry man that I can't swim, but I've checked everywhere else. Very comprehensive list, but you did miss out the fridge.

Date: March 30, 2011 01:02PM

In the olden days we could all hot wire a car, I even had a car that could only be started that way, sadly now they all make some horrible high pitched noise the moment you get anywhere near them, and this is a terribly respectable neighbourhood.

Posted by: SkidMarks (62.6.182.---)
Date: March 30, 2011 02:43PM

Go straight to the last place that you will look. Your keys are there.

Posted by: delacuesta (---.adsl.xs4all.nl)
Date: March 30, 2011 05:02PM

In the car?

Date: March 30, 2011 05:20PM

and the prize goes to:

delacuesta.

Date: March 30, 2011 08:56PM

Naturally.

Posted by: Violetmoon (---.asa.utk.edu)
Date: March 31, 2011 06:22PM

It's hard to call delacuesta a smart alec when he was actually right... but the thought did cross my mind. <grin>

Congrats on finding the car keys geg! I lose mine all the time, so I've gotten rather good at finding them. I have yet to leave them in the car, or in the fridge for that matter, but I'll remember those hints next time.

Does anybody know
Posted by: zendao42 (---.bhm.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 03, 2011 02:32AM

Next time you look for keys & check the fridge, make sure to look in the freezer as well-
I've seen it happen!

Though usually your missing keys will be found in the front door
where your friends find them while making surprise late night visits
& scare the life out of you- if you're lucky...

Signature or shameless self-promotion?
You decide:

[www.myspace.com]

Date: April 05, 2011 07:28PM

Augh. I knew I shouldn't have laughed. Has anyone seen MY keys? (Told you I lose them all the time, but this time they are well and truly lost!) I got home, so they have to be there somewhere, but they are not in the door, not in the car, not on the hook, not in the pocket of anything I wore yesterday. They aren't on the counter where I usually leave them when I forget to hang them up.

They aren't in my purse or my lunch bag, not with my shoes from yesterday, not with my watch or rings.

I didn't open the freezer yesterday so they can't be there (although I will look tonight!) I will also recheck the fridge.

I'm hoping they didn't get left on the porch, since we had a big storm last night, and 2 inches of rain, and it's a new-fangled electronic car key...

Maybe the dogs carried them off, maybe I should check the Treehouse....

Date: April 05, 2011 09:50PM

1) Do you have others sharing your household, apart from the dogs? They are the usual suspects.

2) If the keys are truly electronic, they might be traceable via some app on your handheld (or so I understand).

3) Are you really sure they are not in the car? E.g. in the back door?

Posted by: Violetmoon (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: April 05, 2011 11:34PM

(In my head you are Del, so) Hi Del, Thanks but nope, that's not it. The last time I lost my keys, it was because my husband had picked them up then asked me where they were. He *promised* it was not intentional. So the first place I looked this morning was among his 3 or 4 dozen keys. Not there.

So I got home, and looked around some more. Nope, not in the laundry. Not, thank goodness, on the deck, so the electronic one was not damaged.

<imagine Pooh Bear> "Think. Think. Think. What else was I doing!?"

Well, duh. For the second time, I had come in with the the dog's (no, plural this time, dogs') stuff, and had tossed the keys in with the leashes. So, in essence, the dogs DID do it, but only to my memory. The keys were right where I put them, as usual... underneath 2 leashes, 2 collars, and 2 harnesses.

If the electronic key is traceable by some app, I don't know about it, and I survive without a smartphone, so it wouldn't work. And that is somehow a scary idea.

Date: April 06, 2011 09:22PM

I'm glad for you to have found them back even if my contribution was of little help!

Date: May 13, 2011 02:01PM

I don't know where else to put this, and I know the point is to get off the point, so this thread will have to do.

[blogs.computerworld.com]

It's been 10 years since DNA moved on to the next big adventure.

I wonder what Jasper thinks of DNA's writing, and vice versa - does anyone know?

Oh, darn. I got back on topic.

Does anybody know
Posted by: zendao42 (---.bhm.bellsouth.net)
Date: May 16, 2011 04:12AM

I put it here as well:

[www.jasperfforde.com]

You'll see why...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.