New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
message for Sarah
Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 29, 2003 08:31PM

Tried phoning you earlier but your message box is *still* full..... Tried later and your line was busy.....
Do you still have your old sewing machine ? I know you can't use one now and the tension on mine's up the creek. The blasted thing will not stitch evenly no matter how much I fiddle with it.
A friend called round this morning and wants me to make a armouring cap for his Medieaval kit, as he doesn't have the time. (He'll pay). I could hand-stitch, but if I could borrow a machine, it would save a lot of time and trouble.
If you do have one, we might sweet-talk Dave into dropping it round in the next day or two

Re: message for Sarah
Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: April 29, 2003 08:35PM

Yes, I have! I'll have a word with him about it.

Sorry I'm so incommunicado at the moment... work...

I'll ring you shortly.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Date: April 29, 2003 09:07PM

I keep telling you, don't let Dave work you so hard. Demand a holiday to come over and what the flat looks like.

Posted by: Auntysassy (---.ilford.mdip.bt.net)
Date: April 29, 2003 09:13PM

Okay - so I'm butting in - but if anyone wants to buy a brand new sewing machine, I've got one. I won it last week but want to keep the one I have so the prize is up for sale. A Brother Star 230e if anyone is interested....

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: April 30, 2003 08:10PM

No good talking to him today - he exploded. (Er, not physically, and he's all right again now, but anyway, not the right moment.) I'll try tomorrow.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Date: April 30, 2003 11:08PM

A new sewing maching would be nice, but arranging transport from wherever-you-live to Sheffield could be tricky

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: May 01, 2003 10:43AM

My mother lives in Lincoln - I will probably be up there at the end of May - if you want to know more details I can email full spec and price

Date: May 02, 2003 09:30PM

The immediate need for a sewing machine has passed. I can wait until Dave has stopped exploding and has time to bring Sarah's over. She might live virtually on the other side of Sheffield from me, but it's still closer than Lincoln, thanks.
On Monday, my friend Ken asked me to make him an arming cap, to wear under his helmet (Wars of the Roses era re-enactment and Living History). As it was a small item, it didn't take too long to hand stitch and I was dead pleased with it when it was finished. There was a layer of thick, soft wool for padding, with a shell of linen. The linen was lovely to sew and I really enjoyed myself. Everything in the flat's still such a muddle, and I don't seemed to have accomplished anything in ages. It was really satisfying to produce a finished and useful object.
Ken was pleased, and who knows, I might get more commisions. So far, my sewing has earned me £15, a three course meal, a bottle of ginger wine, a Bacardi Breezer and a packet of Quavers. (not all from Ken, you understand)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.