New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Evil pun? Or Reader's sick mind?
Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 05, 2003 12:01AM

they say that it's childish to do things like walking along walls. But children do it because it's fun. Why should only children be allowed to do fun stuff ? That's ageist discrimination, that is.

There are some lovely low wall around the University and the Hallamshire Hospital that I walk on :)

Posted by: Andrea (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: May 05, 2003 09:10AM

they are good walls aren't they :-)

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: May 06, 2003 09:45AM

I have a new childhood (not that I'd finished with the first one) thanks to Eddie. Got a sandpit in the garden, lego, matchbox cars and everything.

Can't wait for meccano, proper lego and the like.

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: May 06, 2003 01:21PM

Yep. Can't wait for next year when Eddie will be old enough to mow the lawn while we just build sandcastles.

Date: May 06, 2003 01:28PM

He helped push the lawnmower (or noo noo, as he calls it) back into the garage yesterday. He needs some little stilts so he'll be tall enough to hold the handle and the mower blades reach the ground...

We saw a helicopter fly overhead too. Unfortunately, he can't pronounce 'helicopter'. He got the 'copt' bit, but alas, when he says it, it sounds like it ends in 'ck'.

cue eddie running round the garden shouting 'more cock, more cock'.

bless him.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 06, 2003 01:52PM

heheeh, the joys of having a small child in the house!

Reminds me of my best friend's little sister (who is now 19!). When she was about 3, we were all in the living room and Annie comes running through the house in just her underpants screaming, "Pa-china, Pa-china, Pa-china!!!" at the top of her lungs. It went silent as she galloped out. Then we bust out laughing and nearly wet ourselves. We later came to find out that she had been watching the news with her dad and they were doing a story about the whole Tianamen Square thing happening in China. So it really was about China, not about female bits and pieces!

Posted by: Simon (---.lancing.org.uk)
Date: May 06, 2003 03:14PM

Dave _
Maybe Eddie was trying to tell you which author's books he wanted read to him?

"SOME days I diet..."

Date: May 06, 2003 03:25PM

oh dear, you don't think he's going to want me to read him Elric do you? *shudders*

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: May 06, 2003 07:01PM

Well... "Dancers at the End of Time" is quite hilarious in places. That's not exactly suitable for children either, but perhaps it's more so than Elric. (Actually, does Elric get an appearance in "Dancers"? It's so long since I've read it that I can't remember, but I think he doesn't.)

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.