New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
How many more Thursday Next novels can there be?
Posted by: Zranoll (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: July 15, 2012 01:26PM

We know that she is getting older, and that there is at least one more after this one, Dark Reading Matter. Does anyone else think it might be getting near the end of the series? I feel like Thursday could be getting near her death bed, and not be coming back.

Re: How many more Thursday Next novels can there be?
Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.as43234.net)
Date: August 20, 2012 01:04PM

Sacrilege though it may be, I much prefer the Nursery Crimes books and Shades of Grey over the second cycle of Thursday books. 'Something Rotten' felt like a lovely jumping off place, although 'One Of Our Thursdays Is Missing' is rather good!

Posted by: bunyip (---.tafe.sa.edu.au)
Date: August 22, 2012 08:30AM

If the books cannot be a movie then I think that it may possibly (not in my lifetime I hope) become a serial soap like 'The Bold and the Beautiful' with a limited cast and a series of repeated variations on a theme which will advance the plot not one iota but will comforatbly give advertisers somewhere they can place their ads. In this case the matter of any more books will become irrelevant as there are an infinity of points between two end points, so no further stories are required.

Every so often a idea will crop up, or some resemblance to Jasper's original thoughts, that will immediately be stomped on as being likely to lift the show from moribund to plain dull.

Posted by: geg (---.15-2.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: August 22, 2012 08:37AM

Bunyip, I hadn't realised until now, that you are in fact comissioning editor for every TV station in the UK.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.