New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
I just met Auntysassy
Posted by: Carla (---.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 01, 2003 09:30PM

We might have to wait for tomorrow for a more coherent post, but I just got back from the Joanne Harris launch party and met Susan there.
It was quite good, Loads of champagne (so carla, how many glasses did you have? just the one but they kept filling it up) and yummy canapés...

Susan seemed to kow every single person there, she is more important that any of us thought! :-)

We did try to convert at least 2 or 3 people to the Cult of Jasper. One of them has a fossilised Dodo leg... he should really read the books!

Anyway, better go and sober up...

Re: I just met Auntysassy
Posted by: dave (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 01, 2003 09:32PM

were there photos?

Posted by: Carla (---.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 01, 2003 09:41PM

some guy was taking phjotos but i don't think they will be anuywhere, maybe the bookseller... naaaa i'm not famous enoaugh

Posted by: Auntysassy (---.ilford.mdip.bt.net)
Date: May 02, 2003 09:03AM

I forgot to take my camera but Louise (Joanne's publicist) usually sends me some good ones so if I get any, I'll get them posted somewhere.

Drank far too much champagne (and it was the real stuff - and yes the canapes were ge-or-juss!) - missed my train through talking too much and forgetting the time, the Dodo had to come out at 10.30pm to pick me up from the station - no bloody taxis again!!!! Sometimes I feel that I live so far from civilisation........

Sorry to miss you going Carla, very rude of me but great to meet you. Glad you realise how important I am (not!) - I just know make sure that I know the important people. Life is a lot easier if you do! We'll have to get together for a meal one evening - easy enough for me to get up to London. Give me a week at least to sober up - feel really woozy this morning but had already booked the day off. Brains as well as beauty! :-)

Bernard - dodo fossil owner and banker (but still extremely interesting, funny and knows a lot about Portugal!) - has promised me lunch and to read TEA - Mark - tall journo friend of Bernard and author of Wrong Rooms (Scribner) which is a wonderful and moving memoir of how he had to fulfill a promise to his lover to kill him - never buys books so I'm buying him a copy of TEA and will pester him continuously until he reads it!

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: May 02, 2003 03:04PM

Yeah it would be nice to get together again, since most Fforumites are ooop north, we need to do something down here.

I just checked and we do sell "Wrong Rooms", it is doing ok in our branches.

oooo Luxury, booking a day off to sleep off a hangover.
I only get 21 days holiday a year... need to be careful with those.

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: May 02, 2003 07:22PM

I get a holiday occasionally! :-P

Glad you had a good time, anyway... shame about the photos, but then I'm a fine one to talk because I never remember to bring a camera when I should.

Wilfred wants to know if you can e-mail him any of that champagne. Silly bird!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Auntysassy (---.ilford.mdip.bt.net)
Date: May 03, 2003 09:08PM

sorry Wilfred - all of it's gone! Will try to remember next time..............

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: May 03, 2003 09:17PM

Just as well - he's completely out of it already!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 03, 2003 11:51PM

I've just been sampling a small bottle of bailey's I'd forgotten I had (I said things have been confused around here recently !). My evening has improved no end.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 04, 2003 09:13AM

I went to the regatta disco last night in an attempt to meet people from Evesham. I turned up at half nine, thinking this'd be late enough for it to have started. There were four people there - of which three were confused bar staff. I buggered off for twenty minutes, came back and it was packed. Fortunately I bumpd into my old rowing coach who introduced me to a load of people, although my hair (think explosion in a firework factory) seemed to introduce me to lots of people too...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.