New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: peeves
Posted by: OB (---.range109-149.btcentralplus.com)
Date: May 20, 2013 09:21AM

It must have been organic whiskey with a hint of krxzani berries just to be on the safe side. The ice-cream was probably made of spelt,in other words it was spelt ice-cream but we don't know how it was pronounced.

Posted by: bunyip (---.lns3.way.bigpond.net.au)
Date: October 14, 2013 03:16AM

I have a peeve that a lot of posts have my comments as the last entry.

Having worked writing ministerial responses in the government I can appreciate that perhaps my comments are unanswerable.

But I think that perhaps some of you are shirking a little, or have all the creative minds decided on having 12 months off dead for tax reasons?

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.10-3.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: October 14, 2013 11:15AM

bunyip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a peeve that a lot of posts have my
> comments as the last entry.
>
> Having worked writing ministerial responses in the
> government I can appreciate that perhaps my
> comments are unanswerable.
>
>
> But I think that perhaps some of you are shirking
> a little, or have all the creative minds decided
> on having 12 months off dead for tax reasons?

If you check just after posting......................

Posted by: OB (---.range109-150.btcentralplus.com)
Date: October 14, 2013 02:19PM

Actually Bunners I thought it was all my fault what with being a little old lady who.

Posted by: robert (101.175.18.---)
Date: December 18, 2013 12:06PM

My pet peeve at the moment is going to the bank and being asked (with my usual answers):

Has your day been busy so far? (No, that question is the biggest brain-breaker I've faced all day)
Are you doing anything over the weekend? (I'd planned on breathing, but that's not for me to decide)
Did you get out at the weekend? (Yes, and I still have another three weeks of picking up litter in an orange jumpsuit to look forward to)
How's your day been? (Do you mean up to that question or just before it?)
Is it still hot out there? (No, the earth tilted 10 minutes ago and we're now what used to be the South pole)
Got a lot on for the rest of the day? (Just what I'm wearing now - although I might put on some underpants if I go anywhere important).

I mean, do these people actually go home and say, "Geez, I served a guy today who has a really interesting life. Let's be like him"?

Posted by: OB (---.range86-177.btcentralplus.com)
Date: December 18, 2013 03:04PM

IT' S ROBERT!!! Welcome back Old Timer. I'm decorating the Squirrel thingy already.

Posted by: bunyip (---.sml9.way.bigpond.net.au)
Date: December 21, 2013 07:25AM

Welcome back Robert!!!!!

Hope you have got over the last few years adequately. (Note: not a question)

End of being on topic.

Go to treehouse to discover a new range of pies of all genders and species.

Posted by: Sir FFlint (---.wa.westnet.com.au)
Date: February 22, 2014 04:02AM

This all sounds about like "Grumpy Old Men"& "Grumpy Old Women" to me and as I'm a member of the latter, I'll add a few questions about getting old.

Do you think the baby boomer menopausal females could be responsible for global warming? There are moments when I could melt an iceberg all by myself!!

Do you think nature ïs kind because it makes our eyes deteriorate so that we can't see the wrinkles on our face when we look in a mirror?

Do you think nature ïs health conscious because it makes us exercise more by forgetting what we went into a room for until we return to our original location?

Posted by: bunyip (---.lns1.way.bigpond.net.au)
Date: March 02, 2014 04:30AM

The Universe is impartial to the hopes and fears of human beings, except as to the evolution of chocolate, which string theory will tell you is a natural consequence of quarks.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.