New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9
Re: Committee
Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: April 05, 2013 11:54AM

<seconds the motion>

<minutes the proposal>

<hours are lost waiting for the vote>

Posted by: geg (---.15-2.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: April 05, 2013 12:58PM

I'm slightly alarmed by proposition X, I hope it hasn't been carried in my absence.

Any kind of investigator would be a very bad idea until we have found a suitable explanation for some of the more curious items on the stationery budget.

Who, for instance, asked for a complete set of mahogany set squares in presentation box?

Posted by: SkidMarks (62.6.182.---)
Date: April 05, 2013 02:46PM

I admit that set squares were used for crimping pastry, ensuring that pies were round and used as a colour check that pastry was not burnt.

If the cost is split between three distinct budgets, then the set squares will be seen to represent excellent value. <hopes no-one asks about the Faberge orrery>

Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.mat.aber.ac.uk)
Date: April 05, 2013 04:13PM

What about the Faberge orrery? And the historically accurate da Vinci prototype food processor? And the mango?

When did we get a stationery budget? What's going on?

<Doolally attack>

Date: April 05, 2013 07:50PM

It's O.K. I think an orrery is a justifiable expense,you need one for the time travel which allowed us to buy the 16th century food processor, it represents a fantastic saving against the current list price.

but who can explain the mango?

Posted by: OB (---.range86-183.btcentralplus.com)
Date: April 06, 2013 02:56PM

Man go to de greengrocer and buy on de expenses, innit?

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: April 09, 2013 10:45AM

Anyone fancy a mango smoothy?

Posted by: bunyip (---.plain.net.au)
Date: April 11, 2013 04:03AM

would love a mango smoothie

especially if smoothed with a touch of white rum

too much rum and it would be a mango sharpie, the next morning, anyway.

Proposes Proposition Y which alludes to all closed characters being able to serve or otherwise interact with any committee, its offshoots and any Faberge orreries which happen to occupy the same bit iof spacetime in this and all other universes, except my chocolate one.

Chocolate would make the works all sticky and one could cut one's tongue trying to lick the works clean. Also my universe contains nuts.

Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.115.37.147.plusnet.pcl-ag01.dyn.plus.net)
Date: April 15, 2013 08:56PM

What about chocolate stationery? This could be in line with the Green Earth policy inherited from the previous administration.

Date: April 15, 2013 11:23PM

Stationary chocolate? That will never catch on. What we want is chocolate that moves about generating it's own electricity supply. We definitely discussed that last time, I've got the minutes from the meeting somewhere....

Posted by: bunyip (---.plain.net.au)
Date: April 17, 2013 07:30AM

The minutes are on an electronic device powered by electricity derived from chocolate.

It comes from a piezochocolate effect derived from the amount of pressure that one puts on a pioece of choclate is proportional to the scarcity of the number of nuts.

Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.115.37.147.plusnet.pcl-ag01.dyn.plus.net)
Date: April 18, 2013 05:58PM

We should have a subgroup dedicated to eating chocolate to power the minutes maker?

Addendum: We would need to take minutes about the powering of the minutes taker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2013 07:42PM by EgonSpengler.

Posted by: bunyip (---.pa.nsw.optusnet.com.au)
Date: April 28, 2013 02:30AM

Proposes that the 'Committee' form a 'subcommittee' consisting of all members of the 'Committee' to examine and conduct research in the use of chocolate as a possible alternate source of energy. The 'subcommitttee' could then formally report to the 'Committee' on its findings and recommendations for further consideration of the matter.

The "Committee' then in Committee may then consider the report and its recommendations.

Coffee and chocolate will be serve in the breaks between committee 00sessions.

A proposal to examine the possibility that different types of chocolate may have other uses may be considered by the 'Committee', in 'Subcommittee', but as a separate matter.

Feel attack of Kanbra public servant coming on. Exits stage left with a nonchocolate substance to ward off possible self cause attack.

Date: April 29, 2013 09:00AM

The requirement for a commitment to the visible, sustainable and transparent sharing of best practice amongst all relevant and irrelevant sub committees means that we are required to send a representative to the Chocolate Is Not The Future of Energy Forum.

As a lure and in the vain hope of finding a volunteer, I am reliably informed that there will be adequate time for Cross Committee Bonding and a wonderful colour coded chart making it abundantly clear who has access to which highlighter pens on which days.

Date: April 29, 2013 09:09AM

Are there name badges?

ooops sorry I have replaced "the" with "there"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2013 09:37PM by SkidMarks.

Date: April 29, 2013 09:05PM

Yup, absolutely, definitely, name badges, with your choice of fastening.

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: April 29, 2013 09:44PM

I am in

"Hello my name is "SkidMarks". You killed my father. Prepare to die.

<looks for six-fingered man>

<Does not wish to kill Nigel Tufnel or Alan Barrows but considers that collateral damage is unavoidable>

Posted by: delacuesta (---.adsl.xs4all.nl)
Date: April 30, 2013 10:00AM

<Confused as to SkidMarks intention due to missing start/end quote>

"Hello my name is "
Skidmarks
". You killed my father. Prepare to die. <Looks ...

<thoughts run away>

Date: April 30, 2013 12:44PM

"

Date: April 30, 2013 12:51PM

It doesn't help - the name badge we've been given says Steve Jobs.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.