New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Audible TN books
Posted by: Looloo1960 (---.12-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: June 08, 2013 05:47PM

Hello, I am new to the Fforum so apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.

I like to listen to the TN books and have them all except Something Rotten and First Amongst Sequels. I have checked on itunes - nothing there (and fyi they have the author of Shades of Gray as Jasper Gareth!) and audible.co.uk - I have found them on audible.com (read by Emily Gray) so don't understand why I can't find them on the UK site. In fact the American site has the Nursery Crimes books which I have not been able to find on the UK site either.

I have tried searching for Author, title and also tried narrator. Any suggestions welcome

Re: Audible TN books
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.10-3.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: June 09, 2013 05:08PM

Hi Looloo1960. Make your self at home.
Help yourself to pie, sweet (to the left) and savoury (to the right).Marked, as usual with an "S" so that you can tell which are which. No audio pies, though.

Virtual pies are silent.
(Perhaps we need to differentiate between those that make a sound and those that are silent. Can't think of a sign, though.)

Sorry but I can't help with the audio book problem. You could try buying from the U.S. site, but there may be copyright restrictions which stop you. It is also worth looking at Amazon.de and Amazon.fr which may have English language versions

Posted by: Looloo1960 (---.12-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: June 09, 2013 06:37PM

Thank you for the pie, it was delicious

I will try your suggestion regarding Amazon.de etc. I did not buy from the American site as I am a member of the audible uk site and wanted to use my credits - never mind :(

Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.mat.aber.ac.uk)
Date: June 10, 2013 11:25AM

Yes, British Audible doesn't have the same broad selection as the American one but there's a chance you could find the unabridged CD version on one of the Amazons or ebay. Of course for an Overseas Amazon you have to be lucky and Amazon selling directly as marketplacers don't usually ship overseas.

Of course, some of those marketplacers have some of their own sites anyway... And there are abridged as well as unabridged versions. Unabridged is 10CDs long!

<pauses, remembers politeness>

Hello! You fight like a dairy farmer!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2013 11:35AM by EgonSpengler.

Posted by: OB (---.range81-155.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 14, 2013 08:53PM

Now that I'm older I find that my reading of the TN books is audible anyway as I follow each word with my finger and mouth the sounds.

Yours sincerely

Mrs.Ida Dribbly_Morning.

Posted by: annie (164.53.222.---)
Date: August 06, 2013 03:35AM

I found "Something Rotten" on Bookworld.com.au

[www.bookworld.com.au]

but i am yet to find "First Among Sequels" on audio.

Posted by: MistyCat (122.58.102.---)
Date: August 06, 2013 10:46AM

I am Guybrush Threepwood, mighty finder of audiobooks.

[www.amazon.com]

This is the second biggest "First Among Sequels" I’ve ever seen.

Posted by: annie (164.53.222.---)
Date: August 08, 2013 03:05AM

Sadly, amazon refuses to send this to Australia.

<sighs>

Posted by: MistyCat (122.58.102.---)
Date: August 08, 2013 03:50PM

Does Australia have the equivalent of this:

[www.nzpost.co.nz]

You'll need the equivalent of money before using, though.

Posted by: Looloo1960 (---.12-1.cable.virginm.net)
Date: March 29, 2015 02:34PM

Yeah, audible.co.uk finally have the 2 audio books I am missing - one happy bunny here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.