New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: You lost the game. Again.
Posted by: MistyCat (122.58.102.---)
Date: August 17, 2013 03:15PM

Hey, SM, did you read the entire OTT? Really?
How the hell does Randall do it?
It's a movie with a frame-rate of 1 frame per 60 minutes! How can it possibly be so interesting?
What can the world possibly do if MARKETING discovers the secret?

And while I'm getting so rhetorical, when will I sleep?
Will I sleep?
Can I sleep?
What is sleep?

"I think I'll just go comatose for a few hours, hallucinate vividly, and then maybe suffer amnesia about the whole experience."

Yeah, right.

Answers on a photograph of athletic sheep hurdling a fence. Enumerated sheep, please.

Oh, and I'm really, really sorry.

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.skybroadband.com)
Date: August 19, 2013 12:00AM

MC,
when I realised 1190 was changing (about 2 days late!) I left a machine running screen capsevery few minutes, then watched it at speed, stopping and going back as stuff significantly changed.
Eventually the 3TB disk filled and I had to just check as and when (every couple of waking hours.)

I missed some, then found the explained site and caught up.
The last few days, i went back to the screen caps, but every 15 minutes.

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: August 22, 2013 12:34PM

MC, try 1190, it's a massive click and drag map. And I mean massive. How Randall manages is anyones guess. There's also the What If? site

Randall Monroe's XKCD TIME
Date: August 22, 2013 01:52PM

Randall is Lord. No person may speculate about the true nature of the Lord Randall.

CR, your link which says 1190 (Time) is pointing to 1110 (Click and Drag), which may have been deliberate (and possibly with evil "mess with my mind" intent but then again you may just have made exactly the same mistake that I made, long ago when I still knew what the word "sleep" meant) because when SM mentioned 1190 I thought he meant 1110 (which (1110, that is) I had thoroughly explored at the cost of vast amounts of time) but then I realised that he meant 1190 that I thought was just one frame the meaning of which I didn't really understand at the time (Ha! Time geddit? ) so I went and looked at 1190 and was amazed and immediately (possibly sooner) joined the Blitzers (which describes those who arrived late at 1190 and who resolve to read every 1190 forum post in order until catching up to the end of the thread) which could be a while because the obsessive nature of the posters on 1190 is such that so many are posting new posts to the end of the thread that those who start late are almost exactly exemplifying Xeno's Paradox which ironically has been mentioned many times within the subthread and no matter how fast one can read there will be more and more posts added to the end of the thread meaning that it could take forever to catch up but I've been able to read at a rate of roughly 20 old posts to one new added post so it's possible that I could catch up as long as I don't stop too long to check all the references that are made in each post (every one very interesting and spawning more links which need to be checked/read/watched before returning to the One True Thread about the One True Comic) (Gasp!) but you may possibly have misunderstood something and not be aware of 1190 (Time) and the huge following it has (Wait For It) and the obsessive nature (herinaforementioned) of its posters so if that's true then I feel I should in some way help you to convert to (One of Us! One of Us!) the readers of the One True Thread because like so many members of so many sects I feel I can't rest until all others convert to the truth of the One True Comic (Can I have a Halleluiah! Randall is Lord!) and although you may need to ignore work, family, life, and Oxford commas you will never know the truly unbelievable capabilities of the human mind until you have blitzed your way through the (at the moment, 1,397 pages (about 40 posts per page)) of the One True Thread.

Gasp. Wall of Text, Wall of Text.

TLDR: Been there, done that done that done that still doing that, but ever so ta, anyway.

Re: Randall Monroe's XKCD TIME
Date: August 22, 2013 02:11PM

Hey, BK. I just thought I'd poke the Subject line with a pointy stick and see if I could hijack it away from The One True Brew.

Seems I can.

Um... sorry?

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: August 24, 2013 04:40AM

Dammit!

I'm a fan of rekorderlig now. Why is strawberry lime cider so good?

Part time Quantum Elephant hollower

Posted by: bunyip (---.plain.net.au)
Date: August 27, 2013 04:01AM

Hi BK,

The answer is that it is aware that it iis not cheese and vegemite flavoured.

TTFN

Posted by: bunyip (---.plain.net.au)
Date: August 27, 2013 04:01AM

Hi BK,

The answer is that it is aware that it iis not cheese and vegemite flavoured.

TTFN

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: December 14, 2013 11:54AM

Oh no! You all lost again!

Part time Quantum Elephant hollower

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.10-3.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: January 21, 2014 11:24AM

Ha Ha!

Posted by: bunyip (101.103.156.---)
Date: January 28, 2014 12:06AM

In a 'many worlds' description of the multiverse somewhere I am not lost.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.