New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: IQ test
Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: May 06, 2003 01:51PM

Yes, I'd have done better on the first go with a time limit on the whole thing rather than on each section msyelf, since the analogies took me almost no time at all, as did some of the memory stuff.

My SAT and ACT scores were high enough to get me into MENSA had I been so inclined, but I didn't have any particular desire to join, so I never bothered. I was much more interested in using them to get into a good college, in any case.

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Posted by: fuzz (---.cable.ubr05.na.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 06, 2003 03:40PM

Funny, I'm usually really good at IQ type tests, but I only got 120 on this one, usually I'm 130 ish, I think i'm going to go and sulk now

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: May 06, 2003 04:14PM

i have the excuse i was doing it in a language that isn't my native language... naturally in portuguese i'd have had waaaay over 122
:-)

Posted by: dante (---.thls.bbc.co.uk)
Date: May 06, 2003 04:26PM

Bloody 'ell.... I hate to think what I'd have got in any language other than English...

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Posted by: Sarah B (---.dudley.gov.uk)
Date: May 06, 2003 04:48PM

Hmm, got 126. Last time I tested I got 144, though I was 6 and a half at the time. I must have grown older and thick simultaneuosly.

MENSA offered me a junior membership when I got 144. Didn't accept though. Damn glad I didn't now, sounds everso dull.

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.