New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
So this is relevant to ffordeTopics how?
Posted by: MistyCat (---.jetstream.xtra.co.nz)
Date: March 30, 2015 08:26AM

Today as I paid for a purchase I found that I'd worn out my Visa card. ( I do not. Shut up.)

I went to my bank for a replacement, and they wanted to see my driver's licence. "No problem," I thought. It's in my wallet. It's been in my wallet for (mumble (sounded like fifty!)) years.
It wasn't in my wallet. It just had to be in my wallet. It never moves from my wallet. My wallet is where it lives. My wallet is where it must be. It has to be in my wallet. It lives there. That's its place in the universe.
It wasn't in my wallet. Bugger.

I searched (all possible places)-1. I didn't check any of them twice, because (a) I'm not Santa Claus and (b) My OCD is well under control. It wasn't there. Bugger.

I (ran out of options)-1. I thought, "I'll ask Google, from whom all/many blessings flow."
I Googled, "Where did I put my driver's licence?" The first hit was:
[metachat.org]

The first 14 suggestions were very good suggestions.
The 15th suggestion was, "It's in your scanner."

Oh.

About a fortnight ago I was made aware that many elderly people are unaware that their licences have expired. I checked mine (expires 2021,) and thought (cleverly), "Oh. If ever I misplace my licence, it would be really useful to have a scanned copy. I'll scan it."

You see where I'm going with this?

Oh, Google. Is there anything you can't do?

Re: So this is relevant to ffordeTopics how?
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.10-3.cable.virginm.net)
Date: May 03, 2015 10:32AM

I have just checked my scanner and yes, took my driving licence counterpart (U.K. licences have a paper part as well as the plastic card) out of it and put it somewhere safe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.