New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Tweet tweet
Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.as13285.net)
Date: June 19, 2015 03:47PM

Are any of you Fforumites on Twitter? Due to the intense silence of these boards, you'll find me over there more often. :) @OllyBain

Re: Tweet tweet
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.10-3.cable.virginm.net)
Date: June 20, 2015 10:04AM

Sadly, I think there are only 3 or 4 of us active here, any more.

I (reluctantly) use Faceache, but hardly ever use Twitter.

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: June 20, 2015 12:12PM

I check-in here everyday more or less - @CannibalRabbit. I like being predictable.

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.10-3.cable.virginm.net)
Date: June 20, 2015 04:06PM

CR and ES: I think that OB, Bunyip & Lymond are the only others visiting these days.

Does anyone else lurk?

Date: June 20, 2015 04:09PM

Twitter functions more like a Forum than Facebook, so I tend to use it that way. After the dreaded Incident, the non-games threads died off and I lost interest a little. Sad face.

Posted by: MistyCat (---.jetstream.xtra.co.nz)
Date: June 21, 2015 05:22AM

I lurk, but I don't tweet.
I spend a lot of time on the XKCD "Time" thread.

Posted by: bunyip (101.185.4.---)
Date: June 22, 2015 01:22AM

I do not have a 'twitter' account, unless you include the avian life in the trees outside and across the road in the park.

I am even using the old style solid email equivalent previously known as 'letter post'. There are no inserted ads or other annoyances and you have automatically a hard copy upon which you can write meaningful notes in hand without any electronic impedimenta to disturb you.

Also I have an inbuilt spell checker and grammar rule set which generally allows me to communicate with the desired person(s) in a meaningful way.

I also have more things in life than looking at a screen in a dark room by myself. I like the personal contact with the few other homo sapiens who still emerge into the sunlight. I have even seen grass growing, and you rarely get that on twitter or facebook, although given the world as it is this observation is probably in error.

So while the world is twittering away it might be a good idea if there could be a mention the fforum exists and is inhabited in general by intelligent entities.

Date: June 22, 2015 08:54AM

Well, that was slightly more angry than necessary!

Letters are nice. I send letters to my overseas penpals, which they tend to love, and which often get written in the lovely twittering garden outside. A world without paper is a world without substance...

Posted by: tieff (---.188.109.pools.vodafone-ip.de)
Date: June 24, 2015 08:07PM

I look in from time to time, mainly to check for news of new books and new comments on older works.

Date: June 25, 2015 05:56PM

Hopefully the new books will ignite some new interest. Huzzah, the Ffordians will rise again, somewhere...

Posted by: Lymond (195.171.4.---)
Date: June 29, 2015 02:11PM

I'm more of a lurker than a contributor and but I don't have a functioning twitter so no joy there.

What is the "dreaded Incident" to which EgonSpengler refers?

Posted by: OB (---.range86-175.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 02, 2015 07:26PM

yes Egon you must tell us. Was it the end of life as we know it? Are we all writing our quippy comments in the sands of technology waiting for a great tide of ennui to wash it away? do we even exist ? Is this the real world.? Why have I been forced to take a 76 years old lover?? Who is looking after us all?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.