New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Content needed for Whatever Next - May Issue
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 06, 2003 02:57PM

Hi all! Well, it looks like the first issue of Whatever Next was a hit! Now it's time to think about the May issue. We are currently seeking submissions for the following features:

NEXTIAN NEWS:
Anyone who has been to a book signing or festival and would like to write a blurb for us is welcome to do so. Pics are greatly appreciated as well!
Any other Nextian or Ffordian news is also greatly appreciated!

FFORDE FFAN POETRY:
Do you have some random poetry hanging around that you would like to share with us? How about writing some especially for WN?

FFORDE FFAN STORIES:
What about a short story? Any fun or humorous musings would be cool. We're trying to keep it light hearted! Any style accepted.

NEXTIAN SONGBOOK:
We're looking for song parodies featuring all things Nextian! If you want examples, check out [www.jasperfforde.com] for some ideas. When you submit them, be sure to tell us what song they're based on!

DEAR WN:
Know of any fictional literary characters with problems? Cathy upset that Heathcliff has a foul temper? Charlie Brown pining over that "little red-haired girl"? Have them write us a letter. Our crack staff of therapists will answer! (Be sure to tell us what book they're from so we can break out the footnoterphone if we have any questions or need more details!)

Remember, Whatever Next is a newsletter BY and FOR Jasper's ffans. We really do need your help. We sure would love to hear from you!

We give proper credit to all authors and photographers and we love it when we can put a headshot with your by-lines. (See the WN website for more details) And if your submission doesn't make it into this issue, we'll hang on to it and maybe you'll see it in a future issue.

So drop us a line at: submissions@JasperFfordeFfanClub.com and send us what you have. Or if you have any questions or suggestions, ASK AWAY!

Thanks!

Post Edited (05-06-03 18:22)

Re: Content needed for Whatever Next - May Issue
Posted by: Sarah B (---.dudley.gov.uk)
Date: May 06, 2003 04:50PM

You can have the silly limerick I wrote. Although you probably don't want it, because it's rather dodgy... It's in a thread somewhere. I can go hunting if you like.

Um, I'll write a something. Dear WN probably. Not sure I've got time for anything larger at the moment, but you never know!

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: May 06, 2003 06:33PM

You can either pilfer some of what I already wrote about meeting Jasper, or I can rewrite/edit it into something more coherent if you tell me what you're looking for. And you're welcome to swipe any of the pictures I took if they're useful (or let me know if you want something bigger/higher res to play with).

Must see if I can zoom in on the original photo and get a clearer pic of Alan....

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Date: May 06, 2003 06:37PM

Sarah B...Cool, send it on...we may use it!

Magda, if you have time, something you put together would be fantastic! Now that you're a little more removed from the adrenaline rush (hey *I* understand!) you can muse about some of the things he said or stuff he commented on. I can grab the pics, no prob, just gotta go find em. (got a headshot for me?<grin>)

Thanks guys! All this is really appreciated!

Date: May 08, 2003 01:29PM

Okay folks, I need 2 more song parodies for the Nextian Songbook...

any takers? Give it a whirl...they're FUN!

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: May 08, 2003 01:47PM

When do you need stuff by (keeping in mind that sooner is always better, I'm sure)?

--------------
&quot;I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around.&quot;
--Ross Smith

Date: May 08, 2003 01:50PM

well, I'd really like to shoot for a May 22nd release date, as there is info in the calendar that needs to be shown before it happens (funny how that is!)

So if possible, by the 20th would be great.

Thanks!

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 08, 2003 10:13PM

got one parody coming, will decide on a few more if the inspiration takes me... Have already disregarded 'Tribute' by Tenacious D on the basis that nobody'll know it. Shame really, as I rather liked it...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: May 08, 2003 10:25PM

Got a parody coming too, but not of a song... all I need is some time to work on it, aaargh...

I'll keep you posted.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: dante (---.thls.bbc.co.uk)
Date: May 10, 2003 01:25PM

Ooh, I know Tribute, PSD! Go on....you might even convert more people to "the D"....

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Posted by: dante (---.thls.bbc.co.uk)
Date: May 10, 2003 01:34PM

Ah, please ignore last message, since you;'ve done it anyway...

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Date: May 12, 2003 03:34PM

Stories???? Poems???? ANYONE?? <grin>

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: May 12, 2003 03:46PM

we could have a 'meet the fforumites' Q&A session? get to know your ffavourite fforumite?

Post Edited (05-12-03 16:46)

Date: May 12, 2003 03:51PM

OoooOoooooh! I like that idea! You wanna be first?

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: May 12, 2003 04:46PM

Twila - why don't you come up with a list of questions for us to answer and the funniest (or sickest - I don't mind) can be posted?

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: May 12, 2003 04:48PM

But get people to email the replies or we'll all have seen it first...

Date: May 12, 2003 05:04PM

duh <wink>

If I have a chance today or tomorrow, I'll try to muck together a list of Q's and see what I can come up with. Has anyone heard from our beloved co-editor? Perhaps his weekend away was too good and he O-D'd on sugar from the cake AuntSassy left for them at the hotel! Were they doing a 3 day weekend? Adam?? What knows you?

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: May 12, 2003 05:07PM

I've got an email questionnaire which is probably the most comprehensive I've ever seen - I'll email it across to you, AAC. Take from it what you like the look of most!

Date: May 12, 2003 05:08PM

oh, sounds great Dave...that'll save me mucho work!

jffc@jasperffordeffanclub.com

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: May 12, 2003 05:26PM

IIRC, Jon and Claire return today so he'll be back in the mad house tomorrow...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.