New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Why is it
Posted by: Andrea (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: May 06, 2003 10:11PM

why is it that whenever I write a post it makes its own little branch and other people manage to make nice neat lines?

I feel pushed out (to the right by about 1/2cm) so I'm starting a thread so I'm in the right bit first

---
Sylvester says.... *plock*

actually he says peep, cheep, chirrup, squalk,muttermuttergrumblegrumble, oh and now he falls off his pirch whish is followed by a sheepish peek round to see if anyone was looking and a quick scramble back up

Re: Why is it
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 06, 2003 10:13PM

Erm, would clicking on 'flat view' help?

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: May 06, 2003 10:17PM

Most of us use the flat view rather than the threaded one, and just use the box at the bottom of the page to reply rather than clicking "Reply to this Message".

Mind you, in some cases replying in a threaded manner and viewing it that way would make more sense, but most of us are too lazy to bother, and since most people don't do it, it doesn't really help much.

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Posted by: Rob (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 06, 2003 10:18PM

It also might make threads make sense and where's the fun in that ?

Date: May 06, 2003 10:26PM

the problem with flat view is you lot talk so much <G>

how long is the longest thread? in inches not posts :-)

Date: May 06, 2003 10:29PM

how can you tell which posts you've read without rereading?

I'm flipping between both atm

---
Sylvester says.... *plock*

actually he says peep, cheep, chirrup, squalk,muttermuttergrumblegrumble, oh and now he falls off his pirch whish is followed by a sheepish peek round to see if anyone was looking and a quick scramble back up

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 06, 2003 10:38PM

We just re-read. Things sink in better the thirty-third time around. :)

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 06, 2003 10:49PM

I usually just quick-scroll to the bottom then browse up until I see the last one I read. Unfortunately, this Phorum software doesn't have icons to tell you which posts are new like EZ-Board has. Bummer... Sometimes I think we're lucky to have it tell you which topics have new posts in them! (and that doesn't always work correctly either!) But hey, it's home.

Date: May 06, 2003 10:55PM

it usually does the new thing when you have it all threaded though

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 06, 2003 11:04PM

As for how long it is in inches, the estimate would vary depending upon whether you're male or female.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 06, 2003 11:52PM

[slaps hand to forehead 'manually' as has forgotten macro]

leave it to Ben...LOL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.