New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Scary thought...
Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: May 08, 2003 10:41PM

At the time of posting this, it will take just 10 more posts for this Fforum to equal the old one in size. It's taken four months, give or take the odd few days.

Does anyone know how long it took the old one to get as big as this? I'm pretty sure it was longer than four months... quite a lot longer, in fact.

And if the Fforum continues to grow exponentially, as it seems to be doing, what will be the consequences? Will anyone have time to do anything else? Don't get me wrong, it's wonderful to see so many new members on the Fforum, but I do occasionally wonder if we're not in danger of distorting normal cyberspacetime to the extent that the Fforum breaks off completely and we all disappear together into our own happy little Ffordian bubble universe.

Actually, thinking about it, that sounds great, doesn't it? :-) Just as long as we remember to stock up with cheese before it all goes critical, we should be fine!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Re: Scary thought...
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 08, 2003 10:57PM

And before they insane with the Cheese Tax!

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 09, 2003 12:15AM

Chocolate - don't forget the chocolate

Posted by: Anonymous User (195.217.212.---)
Date: May 09, 2003 08:56AM

or jaffa cakes...

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: May 09, 2003 09:02AM

It could end up as the fforum version of L-Space.

Ff-Space anyone? We've got enough librarians...

Posted by: ScarletBea (194.196.168.---)
Date: May 09, 2003 01:22PM

I know that the old fforum existed in a kind of limbo until Ben and me arrived and turned it upside down ;)
Then I think it got big quite quickly hehehehehe

I just hope that doesn't mean this one will explode as well!!!!!

Posted by: Simon (---.lancing.org.uk)
Date: May 09, 2003 01:31PM

Don't forget to stock the Fforum-bubble with plenty to drink (including a supply of Madeira, for me, please), too, before it buds off from "reality"...

"Warning! Product may contain Newts!"

Post Edited (05-09-03 14:36)

Posted by: crazy_june (---.look.ca)
Date: May 09, 2003 02:30PM

Let's check the instruction manual for Fforum-bubble readines:

* one jar of Nescaffee instant - check
* one Evil Munchkin velcroed to the right leg, teeth firmly planted in my knee - check
* one bag of Cheezies (for me) - check
* one box of Cheereos (for Evil Munchkin) - check

yup, that's it - I'm ready to roll

Posted by: adam (195.8.190.---)
Date: May 09, 2003 02:39PM

Will there be beer and curry, actually when I say beer I really mean lager (proving once again how uncultured I really am).

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 09, 2003 06:51PM

And more chocolate...

Did we mention the chocolate?

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: May 09, 2003 07:24PM

So shall I bring a large chocolate cake, shaped like a dodo?

Posted by: Lycanthra Pod (---.dsl.pipex.com)
Date: May 09, 2003 07:31PM

Don't forget bananas for the librarian OOK!

Date: May 09, 2003 09:06PM

If it was shaped like a dodo I think I might be put off eating it, and Mildred would be offended.

But we all like chocolate cake, so being some non-dodo-shaped.

--------------

Posted by: Andrea (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: May 09, 2003 09:25PM

This thread poked me into going and looking for my first post, I made it on January 23rd 2002. Just after buying and reading the first book.

We first met Jasper at the Abergavenny signing, when my daughter started going out with her boy friend, they wanted to meet on nutral ground. They plan to go back there for the day this year to celebrate.

---
Sylvester says.... *plock*

actually he says peep, cheep, chirrup, squalk,muttermuttergrumblegrumble, oh and now he falls off his pirch whish is followed by a sheepish peek round to see if anyone was looking and a quick scramble back up

Date: May 09, 2003 09:30PM

My first post doesn't even exist anymore, it's lost in the cyber-ether. Now there's a sign I've been here too long...

--------------

Date: May 09, 2003 09:43PM

How about if it were shaped like a mammoth, or a piece of toast or a hunk of cheese? Or maybe a multicolored porshe?

Or I could just do a large rectangular sheet cake iced white with blue lettering and borders in the style of Jasper's Goliath food labels.

-------------------------------

CHOCOLATE FLAVOURED CAKE WITH BUTTERCREAM ICING
3kg net

Another Quality product from Goliath Foodstuffs, Inc.,
a Division of The Goliath Corporation

Goliath. All you'll ever need.™

Ingredients: Flour, sugar, eggs, butter, chocolate (a permitted addictive agent), baking soda, salt, vanilla.

(Consumption of this Goliath Foodstuffs product implies your agreement that any liability involved with such consumption is your own. If you can't tell that the butter's gone off or it's growing mold, that's your own silly fault, and the Goliath corporation accepts no responsibility whatsoever if it makes you sick. WARNING: Baked by person who is occassionally told that she is nuts. May contain trace amounts of penguin.)

--------------------------
Edit--> sadly, the Fforum has eaten my centering format for the above label.

Post Edited (05-09-03 23:25)

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 09, 2003 09:57PM

I did my first post on 08-05-02 apparently...thought it was earlier than that. So exactly a year and a day ago I made my alleged first post!

Boy how things have changed!

Date: May 09, 2003 10:17PM

And my first post was on October 23, 2002 (about a week before Halloween).

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 10, 2003 11:41AM

Bea - I'm not sure I can claim to have turned it upside down. Any correlation between random stuff and myself is purely coincidental. It just evolved naturally, rather than anybody changing it. Feel free to blame yourself though...

I've been about since mid-August somewhere, and can't really be bothered to find my first post. Stuff hs changed - there's now a community here who actually welcome newbies, but AAC would know the changes better than most of us, I guess.

Post Edited (05-10-03 21:49)

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 10, 2003 08:19PM

Wilfred is extremely worried about the trace amounts of penguin.

I think I've been around here since about last September or October, but I could be wrong... must go and look.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.