New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
The hippy hippy book trade...
Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range81-155.btcentralplus.com)
Date: February 20, 2009 07:58PM

Hey there,

Some of the older members might remember me first mentioning Book Crossing on here a couple of years back. Well, now I have a new way of offloading surplus books and thought I'd share that as well. Note that I have no particular affinity with the organisation, other than it's something I happen to believe in.

The idea behind Green Metropolis is pretty simple really - as it says on the tin,

"Join a growing community of buyers and sellers, where the more unwanted books you buy and sell, the more trees can be saved and planted - we donate 5p from every sale to the Woodland Trust.

Buying books couldn’t be easier, all our books are just £3.75 including free delivery on most items.

Turn the books you’ve read into cash! Earn at least £3.00 for every book sold.

Help us recycle and reuse books and give your paper back! "

[www.greenmetropolis.com]

(Given that I'm English it's a UK based site which I've referred to above - I have no idea if there's an overseas version of the same thing, sorry)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.