New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
did you know Jasper apparently has ANOTHER book!?
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 10, 2003 04:10AM

Hey! Did you guys realize that Jasper apparently has another book out that we didn't know about??

check out:
[s1.amazon.co.uk]

Re: 7th July! 7th July!
Posted by: Andrea (81.152.255.---)
Date: May 10, 2003 09:00AM

Same as last year, perhaps the organisers don't like us?

that's why I ended up leaving before 6 to go to Abergavenny for a signing, it was the only one I could get to

Andrea

---
Sylvester says.... *plock*

actually he says peep, cheep, chirrup, squalk,muttermuttergrumblegrumble, oh and now he falls off his pirch whish is followed by a sheepish peek round to see if anyone was looking and a quick scramble back up

Posted by: Carla (---.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 10, 2003 09:58AM

that's not a book, that is someone trying to make money selling their postcards.
grrrrr

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 10, 2003 11:22AM

Carla - LOL has always had two meanings. One is Laugh Out Loud, one is Lots Of Love... Yes, its confusing, but not a hanging offence... Most of my mates use it as laugh out loud - although bea is the only person I know to use lolololol instead of (say) ROFL.

(How does it go? One, Two, Three, Four, I declare a flaming war...)

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Carla (---.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 10, 2003 12:34PM

:-P

aren't there things that get on your nerves or are you an extremely calm person?

if it was someone else i probably would have stayed quiet, but since it was her i just mentioned... :-)

Date: May 10, 2003 02:12PM

Things piss me off all the time, but fortunately my sister isn't about on the fforum...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 10, 2003 08:26PM

H'mm. Just pre-ordered WOLP from Waterstone's and they're quoting me £18.99 for the hardback, "but there will probably be a reduction on it at the time". What am I supposed to think?

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Date: May 10, 2003 10:32PM

I think I preordered it at £17.99 from Post Mortem and I noticed it was £12.99 to preorder at Amazon UK

Date: May 10, 2003 10:57PM

Can't use Amazon because I don't have a credit or debit card, owing to spendthrift ex-husband who ran up thousands of pounds worth of debts and fouled up my credit record because I happened to be married to him, grrrr grrrr woof.

Those in the book trade - would it be any use to badger Waterstone's politely on the phone till they manage to find more information for me about this possible reduction? I've never done this before and don't quite know what is and isn't worth doing.

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Posted by: crrbllsweetie (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: May 11, 2003 03:51AM

Relax Bea, all that LOLOLOLOLOL means is laugh out loud out loud out loud.... ok, so it doesn't make sense, but then if we called people on that there would be no one in the fforum!

Alternate solution: Use ROTFLOLCWAAB. I have that on my clipboard practically permanently. It makes people ask what it means-- always fun to annoy anyone else, right?

-- Emma

----------------------------------------------------------------
Revolt! Revolt! No matter why or when,
It's novelty--old novelty again.

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 12, 2003 12:35PM

Hehe. (I won't say lol!)

I hope Jasper comes somewhere near me.... I'm going to go see him anyway, even if I need to travel. And I'm going to say 'Hello Jasper, I have your dodo roadsign'. As you do.

I ordered my WoLP from Amazon.co.uk, can't remember how much it is though. My brother has dibs to read it first though - not fair!

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: May 12, 2003 12:41PM

Sarah B - you said your brother has dibs to read it first? Tell him to get lost (or similar!) and buy his own copy! If you're buying it, it's yours!

Date: May 12, 2003 01:10PM

Technically I'm not buying it - my Dad is. So really he should be reading it first, only he reads really slowly so he's letting us get our hands on it before he does.

Stephen gets first dibs on Jasper's books since he found the first one, and I get dibs on the Harry Potters. Ho hum.

--------------

Posted by: Simon (---.lancing.org.uk)
Date: May 12, 2003 01:42PM

I preordered copies of WOLP (one hardback, one trade paperback) from my local bookshop, 'Optimus', this Saturday just gone... and showed the shop's owner, John (who's already read & enjoyed TAE...), how to find this site & what's on it.

"Warning! Product may contain Newts!"

Date: May 12, 2003 01:43PM

looking for new accolytes are we?? LOL

Date: May 12, 2003 05:35PM

Oh, so am I... I'm busy spreading the word on Blurty!

Sarah

Posted by: Kathy (208.25.216.---)
Date: May 12, 2003 10:32PM

Thank you very much!

I had another horrible thought after sending the first note. What if the first printing is already sold out? Maybe that is why the indefinite delivery date. I'll just have to wait and see.

Thank you again, A A C.

Kathy

Date: May 13, 2003 02:55PM

I tried to persuade my best mate to come and join in the fun, but I think she thought it might be a bit mad for her... don't see why...

--------------

Date: May 15, 2003 07:21PM

Well, she's probably having enough stress, what with being imaginary and everything...

PSD

==========

Posted by: Simon (193.82.99.---)
Date: May 15, 2003 07:24PM

:-)

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.