New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Watchmen movie
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: March 07, 2009 09:21AM

just ahead of the U.K. launch, a mate sent me this link

What would Alan Moore think

Be warned, that die-hard AM fans may be offended. I'm a fan and loved it!

Re: Watchmen movie
Posted by: Planet Cool (---.elp.res.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2009 12:49AM

Oh, the Saturday Morning Watchmen? I thought it was very funny. I don't see why die-hard Alan Moore / Watchmen fans would be offended; the fellow who created it is obviously very well versed in the mythos of Watchmen, or else he wouldn't have been able to get those subtle jokes in and play them so well. The scary thing is, at an earlier time (as in, the eighties), that's probably something that would really have happened. I mean, Rambo got his own cartoon. Good thing the movie took as long as it did coming.

As for the movie itself, I liked it a lot. The opening sequence was art in its truest form.

----

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die. -Mel Brooks

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.41.90.133.sub.mbb.three.co.uk)
Date: March 19, 2009 10:02AM

We saw the film last week and loved it.

However, I believe that Alan Moore is on record as hating it, everything to do with it, anything to do with making movies out of any of his stories (except the cash?) and all things not 100% as he did the originals, so I suspect that a a good belly-laugh would not be his immediate reaction to the 'toon................

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My computer beat me at chess, but I won at kickboxing

Posted by: Mafishioso (---.3.204.188.pldt.net)
Date: March 27, 2009 02:45AM

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.41.77.30.sub.mbb.three.co.uk)
Date: March 27, 2009 09:16AM

Welcome Mafishioso.

help yourself to pies.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.