New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Should Thursday meet Friday?
Posted by: Lycanthra Pod (---.dsl.pipex.com)
Date: May 10, 2003 04:59PM

It occured to me, and forgive me if someone else has mentioned it before, but would it be a good idea for Thursday to meet Friday, who should have really been called Saturday?

Re: Should Thursday meet Friday?
Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 10, 2003 08:28PM

Only on Sundays.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 10, 2003 08:47PM

I don't know, but Tuesday's dead, I don't like Mondays and Lisa Loeb's waiting for Wednesday...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 12, 2003 12:31PM

Saturday Night's Alright, but Monday, Monday....

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 12, 2003 01:21PM

I don't like Mondays...I want to shoo-oo-ooo-ooot....the whole day down!

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: May 12, 2003 03:36PM

It's Friday I'm in Love - oh no the Chronoguards have been at it again...........

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 13, 2003 09:47PM

Sunday, bloody Sunday..............Shan't be trying to bath the cats again in a hurry

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 13, 2003 10:32PM

You have my deepest sympathies! :-(

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Simon (---.lancing.org.uk)
Date: May 14, 2003 01:20PM

And presumably a few scratches?

"Warning! Product may contain Newts!"

Date: May 15, 2003 09:14PM

Just kidding, folks. It's years since I bathed a cat but I didn't get scratched. I don't know what Vila had been rolling in, but it smelt awful, and he didn't seem too keen on washing it off, so we had to do it for him. There was some difficulty in getting him into the sink - I never knew a cat had so many legs.....

Posted by: Lycanthra Pod (---.dsl.pipex.com)
Date: May 15, 2003 09:20PM

Don't talk to me about bathing cats!

When I was laying parque flooring and there was I kneeling on the floor with sticky goo all over the place, Fred decided it was food time and you know cats. Sit in front of person until they get it, well cats and glue don't mix so it was blood bath at the OK Coral that day. I had to chase him for an hour before and at least I didn't have to cut much fur off.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 15, 2003 11:11PM

Should have left him to stay still until the glue set - would have saved all that chasing at least...

While we're on about strange animals behaviour, there are two blackbird fledglings hiding out in my garden. One of them tried to perch on an oak seedling that has grown horizontally from under the hedge at the back - not very high but quite long and flat as it tries to find light. Unfortunately the oak was more flexible than it had realised, and also had less grip. The poor thing promptly swang (is that really the past tense perfect?) upside down and got trapped on its back. It then panicked so we had to go out and turn it right way up... It looked very embarrassed as it shuffled off afterwards.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 16, 2003 09:40AM

I don't have a cat to wash. Mildred tends to give herself a bath.

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Date: May 17, 2003 12:49AM

It's a useful excuse for puzzling people: "Sorry, must stay home and polish the cat."

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.adobe.com)
Date: May 17, 2003 03:18AM

Lycanthra,

Reminds me of what once happened with my longest haired cat. There was a bright strip of gooey yellow fly paper hanging over the kitchen sink, and she jumped up at it, pulling it down on herself with a crash and a yowl that would curdle milk, followed by a mad flying dash around the kitchen. She then hid under the sideboard with this fly paper stuck to her back, and by the time I got her out she was hopelessly matted to it. I had to soak it off with "Goo B Gone" (one of those orange seed based solvents), and it took her a month to forgive me.

Cats blame you not only for the baths, but for the mishap occuring in the first place.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.