New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Contest over??
Posted by: Auntie-Particle (---.satx.rr.com)
Date: May 12, 2003 02:24AM

Hi!
I am new to the FForum.
I Loved the first two books and can't wait for the NEXT one :)

I have a wee bit of a problem. I just completed the contest... and at the end clicked on the penguin icon... and recieved a page error. Is the contest over? Have I missed the prizes?

Well, it was fun anyway!!! (It was as much fun as the DaVinci Challange from the latest Dan Brown book- [www.danbrown.com] ) Yes, I love to read.

Auntie

Re: Contest over??
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 12, 2003 02:42AM

hiya Auntie!

Welcome to our little corner of the Nextian Universe. I do have a feeling the contest at Penquin is over. I can't remember what the cut off date was, though...sorry! And it's only for US residents anyway... for those of you from elsewhere.

Contest aside, come on in and poke around. We love newbies around here!

~Twila

Posted by: Auntie-Particle (---.satx.rr.com)
Date: May 12, 2003 12:17PM

Hi Twila,

Thanks for the welcome. I'll have a look around at the other threads.

Too bad about the contest being over. But as I said I had fun doing the quiz anyway. I love stuff like that.

Auntie

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 12, 2003 01:07PM

Welcome Auntie.

Yes, we love Newbies... lovely on toast...

Ahem. Sorry about that. Pull up a dodo and have a conversation!

(Mildred says you can pull her around, but you can't sit on her. She's my dyslexic dodo and she's a little sensitive...)

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 12, 2003 01:16PM

My dodo is called Dido and also objects to being sat on, but if you toss her a marshmallow every now and then she's as good as gold.

Welcome! We are all like this here...

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Simon (---.lancing.org.uk)
Date: May 12, 2003 01:47PM

And welcome from me, too. (Don't worry, having a pet Dodo isn't actually compulsory...)

"Warning! Product may contain Newts!"

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: May 12, 2003 03:35PM

Hi there to another Auntie - I'm married to a Dodo - he's called Alan and he says 'plock'

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 12, 2003 03:49PM

I call my cats dodos...does that count?

Posted by: crazy_june (---.look.ca)
Date: May 12, 2003 07:03PM

I have Evil Munckin...not so interested in marshmallows - prefers taste of Cheereos

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 12, 2003 07:43PM

Erm, we're not 'all like this round here'. Some of us are far worse, welcome and enjoy!

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 12, 2003 08:33PM

12th May 03 +++ Fforde Fflash: The Penguin 'SpecOps Literary Challenge' ended on April 31st, apparently. The site has been updated accordingly. Apologies for all you guys battling to make it all work only to be disappointed - I didn't know myself or wasn't reminded, or forgot, or something. Sorry. +++

===================

So, there you have it - the competition is dead, has ceased to be, it is an ex-competition...

(Did not the lord decree that wherever three Englishmen shall gather together they shalt recite the Dead Parrot sketch? - Not The Nine O'Clock News)

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: May 12, 2003 09:39PM

Odd.....I just looked at the What's New page, and didn't see that news fflash (although the web pages are, indeed, updated accordingly).

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: May 12, 2003 10:10PM

Ah, now it's there. Don't know why PSD could see it and I couldn't earlier, despite reloading the page.

BTW, I'd be rather surprised if the contest actually ended on April 31st.

(Thirty days hath September, April, June and November....)

Post Edited (05-12-03 23:13)

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: May 13, 2003 02:52PM

So would I, but then my watch claims today is the twelfth, so who knows?

PSD

==========

Posted by: ScarletBea (194.196.168.---)
Date: May 13, 2003 02:55PM

poetscientistdrinker wrote:

> So would I, but then my watch claims today is the twelfth, so
> who knows?
>

Oh, that usually happens to me in the month after a 30-day month.... I forget to manually skip the 31st, and there I am a few days later but one day behind... erm... *feels confused with own explanation*

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.