New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: If anyone is 'into' Spike......
Posted by: belochka (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 10, 2003 06:40PM

Okay, we're definitely sorted on nibbles and dessert!

Posted by: Andrea (81.152.255.---)
Date: June 10, 2003 06:43PM

and someone, who ever it was bring that cloud thing... please :-)

---
Sylvester says.... *plock*

actually he says peep, cheep, chirrup, squalk,muttermuttergrumblegrumble, oh and now he falls off his pirch whish is followed by a sheepish peek round to see if anyone was looking and a quick scramble back up

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 10, 2003 07:31PM

That, if I'm not mistaken, was Dave.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Guy (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 10, 2003 11:29PM

Oooh, Keralan food.

Happy memories!

And not impossible to get a really good fix -- there are at least four Keralan restaurants in London (Rasa, Rasa W1, Rasa Samudra and the Rasa lunchtime cafe place whose actual name I can't remember -- yes they are all owned by the same bloke. And they're all pink.)

In Cambridge unfortunately we only get the standard Bangladeshi/North Indian style curry houses -- nice food, but it gets boring.

There's a Gujarati corner shop about 50 yards from here -- wish they'd open a restaurant. (There are also some fine Gujarati restaurants in London -- notably Rani in Finchley.)

And of course for the most authentically Indian food experience in London, you need to go to Sakonis in Wembley, which is so Indian it even does Indian Chinese food -- heaven! (anyone who's been to Bombay will probably understand this -- the Szechuan noodles at Leo's cafe are so addictive; and you can get them at Sakonis. Hurrah)

Ahem. Culinary reverie over.

Jesus saves; Buddha does incremental backup.

Posted by: belochka (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 11, 2003 08:07AM

Guy - Coincidence collision there, my Keralan cookery book is actually by the owner of the Rasa restaurants: Das Sreedharan. I think its an amazingly good recipe book. I'm very glad to have tried it out, I didn't do much Indian cooking before. I've eaten at a couple of friends houses, one of whom is from the Gujerat and I didn't think I could get it to taste the same, after all they've had so much more practice than me! I do miss a certain pickle though, my friend's mum made it from a green vegetable I think is called 'tindora'. She made it with chillies and it has a sour but spicy taste.

I have visited Sakonis, went there after visiting the Swaminarayan Mandir in Neasden, they do the most wonderful tiffin nibbles and I ate lots! Well worth a visit, even if you have to wait for a table.

Post Edited (06-11-03 09:16)

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.