New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Local Radio
Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: May 14, 2003 10:05AM

Now I don't listen to this very often but as Wogan's gone tiling the bathroom (again) this week and I can't stand that Walker git, I flicked the car radio over to 96.4 The Eagle (broadcasts from Guildford).

Morning chappie, Peter Gordon, is rather good - a bit like an older brother - and this morning's phone-in was for people with famous names.

So we had, amongst others, James Brown from Farnborough (aged about 8 and about to go off to school), Denice Williams at Weybridge station, Michael Cane from Godalming (I think) and best of all, George Michael travelling from Farnham to Reading to start his window cleaning round! Brilliant!

I used to know Joan Collins, peroxide blonde and size 24!

Re: Local Radio
Posted by: fuzz (---.cable.ubr05.na.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 14, 2003 02:55PM

My brother is Will Smith, he wears a lot of makeup on stage obviously....

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 14, 2003 03:21PM

we have a local/national sportscaster named George Michael, too...he was famous before the butt shaker was.

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: May 14, 2003 03:28PM

was George Michael big in the US with Wham?
Coz for me George Michael has been famous for nearly 20 years...

Date: May 14, 2003 04:19PM

oh yes, he was quite popular with Wham! (I had posters! Although I fancied Andrew Ridgely more...)

our sportscaster has been around for about 35 years...possibly more.

Date: May 14, 2003 04:25PM

I fancied him when I was 10!

and the funny thing is my cousin (9 years older than me) who used to take the ppiss out of me liking Wham is now the one who likes George Michael's more "mature" songs

Date: May 14, 2003 04:32PM

LOL

I liked Wham! so much when I was in early high school that when our school band was having a concert featuring Wham! songs, I called a DJ friend at the local radio station and we did a comedy skit about the real band being in our tiny little school (500 kids!) to do a charity concert. People were so stupid they actually showed up for it. (my school was WAY out in the boonies, so this was a very unlikely thing to happen!)

Needless to say, I got grief from the school administration for it because they got well over a hundred phone calls asking for directions and having to deal with the handful of people who showed up who were a wee bit upset not to see George and Andrew.

It was too funny. I still have it all on tape. Ain't I a stinker? ROFLMAO!

Date: May 14, 2003 04:41PM

that was pure evil genius!
:-)

Date: May 15, 2003 08:27AM

That is just superb!

It gives more credence to my theory that the evilest minds belong to the females of the species!

Post Edited (05-15-03 09:29)

Posted by: adam (195.8.190.---)
Date: May 15, 2003 12:36PM

Talking of George Michael, When I was in LA I couldn't resist paying a visit to the toilet where he was arrested (it's marked on the star maps). In case you are wondering he wasn't there at the time.

Date: May 15, 2003 01:19PM

Only you, Adam...only you! ROFL!

Date: May 15, 2003 02:38PM

Adam - you really are a sad git aren't you........................

Date: May 15, 2003 04:12PM

I just couldn't resist it, still makes me smile when I think about it.

Date: May 15, 2003 04:14PM

you know, Adam...I think that's really more information than we really wanted! hehehe

Date: May 15, 2003 04:19PM

It's in a nice little park in a quiet residential area (near Bel Air iirc) and is not the kind of place you'd expect to find a 'cottage industry'.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 15, 2003 06:42PM

Apparently there was a chocalate bar found in a compromising position with the cop and George. Police released it, saying it was only a 'Careless Whispa'.

There's a Black Box Recorder song called Andrew Ridgely. I'm listening to it now, in fact.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: crazy_june (---.look.ca)
Date: May 15, 2003 08:49PM

Are you sure it was not realy a 'Wham! Bam!' instead? (...thank you...what? Chocolate bar? )

Post Edited (05-15-03 21:50)

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 15, 2003 11:15PM

This may be a trans-Atlantic thing again.

[www.lightstraw.co.uk]

It's a sort of bubbly chocolate bar made by Cadbury's of Bourneville. I go past their factory on the way to climbing.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: May 16, 2003 08:33AM

And it's being re-named along with Cadbury's Caramel - what will happen to the bunny?

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: May 16, 2003 08:35AM

they're re-naming cadbury's caramel??

PSD - can I borrow your handcart?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.