New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Recommendations
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 22, 2003 11:10PM

My denim jacket was basically sold on the basis that I could fit a large paperback into each inside pocket...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 23, 2003 01:26AM

I've got an e-book available. It can be downloaded in a variety of formats from nospine.com

My book is a sci-fi novel called 'Yellowfire'. It's set on an icy world, where the heroine, Freyni has just moved out to a homestead with her son, only to find that her new husband has been murdered. It's a time when mutants are feared, but the six-fingered outlaw accused of the murder is one of the men who wants to help her. The other is a quiet man, who hides a mutation more frightening than a physical deformity.
Freyni has to learn to adapt to her new surroundings and to fight for her new life.

There's more about 'Yellowfire' on my website - www.gillian-f-taylor.co.uk

Take a look.

Please ?

Posted by: Simon (---.lancing.org.uk)
Date: May 23, 2003 08:27AM

Will do.

"This was willed where what is willed... can be rather silly."

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 23, 2003 11:11AM

I buy my bags based on how many paperbacks I can get into them... the shopkeepers must think me terribley strange.

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: May 23, 2003 11:35AM

I cleared out my bag that I use for work this morning. Been lugging round the Eyre Affair, William Gibson's Pattern Recognition (in hardback), Terry Pratchett's new one, also in hardback, and a book on Zen.

No wonder it weighed a tonne.

Posted by: dante (---.kw.bbc.co.uk)
Date: May 23, 2003 12:02PM

I'm sure I posted something to this thread that hasn't appeared. Hmm.

Basically it said, skiffle, I'll check out your e-book, been meaning to read something of yours for a while but don't like westerns!

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.