New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Pounds to Euros?
Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 17, 2003 12:22AM

British notes are different sizes to help blind people distinguish which is which. How are blind Americans supposed to manage ? Are American coins designed to be distinguished by touch ? Ours are.

Re: Pounds to Euros?
Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: May 17, 2003 09:27PM

I've heard of blind folks here folding bills (or the corners of them) so that they can tell which is which, but I'm not sure how much that helps if you get a $6 change and can't tell which bill is the 5 and which is the 1.

Most of the coins could probably be distinguished, but I'm not sure if they're designed that way on purpose or not.

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.