New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Big Read Top 100
Posted by: MissPrint (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 30, 2003 01:15AM

Thanks for the welcome Simon. I haven't any cats because they make me sniffle and wheeze, but I love cats so will stop and talk to any I meet in the street, and take a keen interest in the ones who include my garden in their territory. We've had a second siamese move into the neighbourhood recently which has led to some lively altercations. I'm also second reserve cat sitter for a friend. Now there are two cats who have their staff well trained!

Posted by: MissPrint (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 30, 2003 01:26AM

I didn't count the ones I'd heard on R4, but with some of them it took a while to remember if I'd actually read them or just heard them.

If I could add one to the list it would be Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow by Peter Hoeg. It's really un-put-down-able, and on second and third readings it just gets better and better.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 30, 2003 10:42PM

I've read 'Crime and Punishment' (Sarah's copy), but it was hard going. I really didn't like the central character; he was too damn self-absorbed and I wanted to give him a sharp slap.

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 31, 2003 01:09PM

Minsky says he scratched him last time he visited the book, but he was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he didn't even notice!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.