New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
is this Alan the dodo?
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 17, 2003 08:46PM

Hey Magda...

I was checking out Ebay, as I often do, and I came across this pic of Jasper...and I think he has Alan in it!

[cgi.ebay.com]

just thought you might wanna know!

Re: is this Alan the dodo?
Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: May 17, 2003 09:03PM

Yep, that looks like Alan all right, unless someone else made him an identical dodo during his US tour, which seems unlikely. Pity the brown eyes don't show up well in photos. I couldn't find yellow ones locally, (except for cat eyes, which would have looked rather odd on a dodo) and there wasn't time to mail order them.

Thanks for pointing him out!

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 17, 2003 11:34PM

Favourite item for sale recently was 'One annoying twat of a girlfriend'...

Didn't somebody also try to flog Aberystwth? Possibly even spelt correctly, too....

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Auntysassy (---.webport.bt.net)
Date: May 18, 2003 12:57PM

There were also 4 nerds from Oxford who had put themselves up for sale for an evening out - the last time I saw it, before it was pulled, the highest bid was £32 and some pence.

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 20, 2003 10:04AM

Some lad in my class at college was going to see if he could sell Russia on ebay. They were discussing the starting bid, but didn't think anyone would pay more than about £2.50 for it.

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.