New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Where are the songs of Spring?
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 28, 2003 03:19PM

all I know is that we've had rain for 3 weeks straight and I'm SICK of it! If I'd wanted this much dreariness, I'd have moved to Seattle! (and I know it doesn't rain there all the time, but it is overcast much of the time, and to me that's just as bad...I need sunshine!)

Seriously, I do have that thing called "Seasonal Affected Disorder" or SAD that makes me rather melancholy when there's no sun...

I may have to break out my grow light!

Posted by: crrbllsweetie (205.240.76.---)
Date: May 28, 2003 05:47PM

I suppose I have the opposite...GLAD? General Laughter At Downpours?

I'm completey in love with rain, no questions asked. I get grumpy in summer because of extra sunlight. I burst into flame at the light, like a vampire....bWahahahahah...*realizes that she has overdone metaphor*

- Currer Bell

----------------------------------------------------------------
Revolt! Revolt! No matter why or when,
It's novelty--old novelty again.

Date: May 28, 2003 06:05PM

actually, I love a good rainstorm...harder the rain, the better...just not 3 weeks of it with 'nary a break!

Posted by: adam (195.8.190.---)
Date: May 28, 2003 06:13PM

Saw a stunning display in Dallas, massive storm with near hurricane winds, rain, hail, lightning all round. Awesome - sat in the window of the motel room and watched it for a couple of hours.

Date: May 28, 2003 07:57PM

we get some really cool storms around here in the late summer. It gets so hot and humid that the atmosphere actually explodes! It's COOL! We get 15-25 minute deluge with lightning and thunder and rain that comes down so hard it bounces a foot off the sidewalk. And it smells SO good afterwards, all clean and fresh, yet jungle-like all at the same time. One of the ONLY things I love about summer around here. (it really does get oppressively hot and humid here! Thank GSD for airconditioning!)

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 29, 2003 12:00AM

There was a heavy mid-summer downpour one Sunday a few years ago. We stopped roleplaying and went to the windows and door to watch the water cascading down Harcourt Crescent opposite (roughly 1 in 4 slope) and then down the hill past this house.
We weren't the only ones; people were appearing all along the street to watch the streams of rainwater splash up against car wheels and fountain off a blocked grate. It was pretty impressive.

Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: May 29, 2003 03:27PM

The Sun has happily returned to us here today!!!

It will rain tomorrow and for many days thereafter but it's out today!

Expecting thunderstorms this afternoon.

Lots of sun + very warm = Big Thunderstorms.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 29, 2003 09:53PM

Popped out to the shops this afternoon, and returned at the same time as Italian neighbour in the flat below. I remarked to Rafa that it was a lovely warm day and she complained there was too much sun. I thought she would have missed sun and warmth, being an Italian in Sheffield, and all. Apparantly it was the wrong kind of hot...

Posted by: Anonymous User (195.217.212.---)
Date: May 30, 2003 08:44AM

*Is* there a wrong kind of hot???????

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: May 30, 2003 08:48AM

yes there is... you northerners you!
there is nice hot and bad hot where you can't breathe and it's more stifling

Posted by: Anonymous User (195.217.212.---)
Date: May 30, 2003 09:02AM

Hah! Northerner?!?!?! I like that.... spent the first 25 years of my life sweltering in the Australian summers.... and I want some sunshine!!!! (serve me right for marrying a scotsman won't it?)

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: May 30, 2003 10:00AM

i spent the first 26 years of my life sweltering in Portugal... I'm happy in london...

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.