New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: If Thursday was a film....
Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 24, 2003 12:22AM

Us in Sheffield get a local version of The Metro free on the trams. Useful if I happen to need newspaper for something and don't have any of my own lying around.
Our house will be getting a blue bin for paper recycling in the few weeks. So I haven't bothered to cart any waste paper to the recycling bins at the university. I can probably fill a blue bin with all the paper and magazines in my living room right now. And the University have thoughtfully put some bottle banks in the car park of the flats over the road. I can pop out, get rid of glass and be home again in about 2 minutes.
I feel so virtuous.

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 25, 2003 10:46PM

I love to read the horoscopes in the Metro. They really are hilariously funny. Helpful hints about the day, along the lines of...

"Today, Libra, you will find that someone you previously trusted may not be worthy. Perhaps now is a good time not to be renaging (sp?) on your responsibilities unless you're truly sure that things will come to fruition."

Ah, yes. Lather, rinse, repeat. Got it.

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 25, 2003 11:41PM

As good as the line in 'Early Doors' where the woman was on about reading her dying husband his horoscope....

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: dante (---.thls.bbc.co.uk)
Date: May 26, 2003 09:28AM

The best bit about the Metro is the letters page. (And the crossword)
The scottish letters page has turned into a dating agency, at the moment. It's very internet message board-esque, actually.

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Posted by: Pilkijam (---.gsi.gov.uk)
Date: May 27, 2003 08:44AM

I have had the unfortunate experience to read the Metro travelling as I do into Manchester every day but have since resolved not to read any newspaper unless I can absolutely avoid it i.e. am on the train and have absolutely nothing to read including no packing with a list preservatives and additives - recent example of which is LIAGB through a miscalculation of pages per minute ratio or somesuch - as I'd rather enjoy reading what I'm reading than not something which you can't get from newspapers which just like to stir the brown stuff anyway.

Besides the Metro has yet to publish the letters I sent to them so perhaps it's just a case of bad eggs or what not.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.