New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Disaster!
Posted by: Auntysassy (---.webport.bt.net)
Date: May 24, 2003 12:59PM

Went to pick up old and trust proof copy of LIAGB this morning and it disintagrated in front of me! Well, okay, a couple pages fell out but it's the beginning of the end.

So, trotted off into Petersfield this morning to purchase a replacement. Petersfield is only a small market town and it has, rather surprisingly, four bookshops so it wouldn't be too difficult, would it?

It was. The two independents didn't have either of Jasper's titles and one of them had never heard of him or his books. Ottakars (who are my favourite bookshop people) didn't have him on their fiction or sci-fi/fantasy fiction shelves either so it was with heavy heart that I headed off to WHS.

I don't like WHS much as have found it to have a policy of employing people who have had frontal lobotomies. I didn't hold out much hope as the one in town is really small as well and devotes 2/3 of its floor space to newspapers and magazines and only 1/3 to books!

But to my delight, there they were - 2 copies of each title, pristine and looking good. So I purchased my LIAGB whilst telling the cashier about my search and she was intrigued and said she'd be purchasing TEA during her lunch break. Obviously her frontal labotomy failed.

So this afternoon, I shall be sat drinking tea, eating Rich Tea biscuits and reading my new book! Hurrah!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.