New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Well
Posted by: Sue (---.glas-a-2.access.uk.tiscali.com)
Date: May 27, 2003 06:44PM

Hi there, only visited the site for the first time yesterday. Pretty good!
I have just finished reading the Well of Lost Plots, absolutely ace, no surprise there after Fforde's previous books. Can't believe I'm going to have to wait for the next installent (no pun intended, sorry).

Re: The Well
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 27, 2003 06:48PM

Did you get a proof copy of The Well of Lost Plots? Lucky girl! You know it's not even being released in the UK until July 7th? Or in the US until March 2004??

So what did you think of The Eyre Affair and Lost in a Good Book?? We, of course, LOVED them!

Oh and, welcome by the way... <grin>

Date: May 27, 2003 06:54PM

Yes, I got a proof copy, but I had to buy the first two, totally hooked now. I've driving y colleagues mad telling them to read them and harassing the rep to get Jasper here for a signing. Oh yeah, I've been to Pendine Sands in Wales too, Thursday visits it in the book. Not that exciting when I was there, think it rained!

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 27, 2003 06:58PM

AARRGHH! Spoiler! There's precisely one reason to visit Pendine Sands that I know of, and I can already guess who might have an interest...

Honestly, it's bad enough people getting it early, without dropping hints all over the shop!

WElcome to the fforum, btw - it's the stress of waiting for WOLP that makes me act like this...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: May 27, 2003 07:02PM

Sorry, don't mean to rub it in. I'm kind of at a lost for a good book now, I've been spoilt! I've just started reading Robert Rankins, Witches of Chiswick (another proof). Its not the same tho...

Posted by: Carla (---.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 27, 2003 09:21PM

Oi Ben, me and Auntsassy have been very good, we didn't drop any spoilers!

Posted by: Auntysassy (---.webport.bt.net)
Date: May 27, 2003 09:23PM

Hi Sue from a fellow Susan (but known as auntysassy)

Carla and I have been very good not to give away anything from WOLP (we've both got copies - mine was signed!) so don't go spoiling it for the others now - we took enough grief when we boasted about reading - I mean informed the others that we had been lucky enough to geta sneak preview.

If you've got proofs of various, are you in the book business? That's how I get mine. Nothing like knowing you got there first is there?

Posted by: Andrea (81.152.255.---)
Date: May 27, 2003 09:51PM

I've been good too :-)

but that's because I haven't yet read it, it's sat there <-- waiting for me to run out of willpower

I was going to take it to Howarth too....

---
Sylvester says.... *plock*

actually he says peep, cheep, chirrup, squalk,muttermuttergrumblegrumble, oh and now he falls off his pirch whish is followed by a sheepish peek round to see if anyone was looking and a quick scramble back up

Posted by: Sue (---.glas-b-2.access.uk.tiscali.com)
Date: May 27, 2003 10:09PM

Pendine's hardly a spoiler, I only got wet there and spent all my pocket money on fruit machines.
I work for Waterstone's and run the crime department, amongst many others.
What is there to do in Pendine?
I've not got a scooby!

Posted by: Swindonian (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 27, 2003 10:46PM

I've been very quite about WOLP as well. (Apart from bragging about Jasper's dedication in my copy.)

How can you wait to read it, Andrea? I couldn't put mine down once I started reading it, which was as soon as I got it. It will be nice to be able to discuss it with you all.

Naomi

Naomi

Date: May 27, 2003 11:05PM

ooo Waterstones... i'm with the competition (Books etc) and I tend to say Waterstones are evil
:-)
but what i really want is work in a publisher... one day...

Posted by: Sue (---.glas-a-1.access.uk.tiscali.com)
Date: May 27, 2003 11:22PM

We don't have a Boks etc. here.Co no conflict there. I did work at a publisher's for a placement in Oxford while at uni, but I spent most of the time on the phone or collating figures. There was a really good club there, the Double Six Club, you had a menu of games and could play all night.Crocodile Dentist ws my favurite, the games man gave it to be as a gift. Aah, fond memories!

Date: May 27, 2003 11:30PM

I want to work in a publicity department. But I'll stick where i am for a bit longer now, since I just started being more involved with events.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 28, 2003 12:10AM

Sue: you run Waterstones crime department ? Should you be confessing to something like that on a public forum ? I never realized Waterstone's was the front for a criminal organization before, although Carla has been saying that they are evil.
Our Waterstones had a major refit recently. I wonder what that was a cover for. Do tell.

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: May 28, 2003 09:16AM

When I was in the shop I used to do crime as well
;-)

Posted by: dante (---.kw.bbc.co.uk)
Date: May 28, 2003 04:23PM

Sue, where are you? Only your, er, thingy (IP address? except they're numbers...) suggests maybe Glasgow, where I am...

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 28, 2003 05:28PM

Ben, is it really stress? I thought you weer always a bit like that... ;)

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 28, 2003 11:10PM

Cynic!

Saue - Boks etc? For all your South African needs, no doubt....

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 29, 2003 09:30PM

Cynic, me?

Um, yeah. You caught me.

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: Sue (---.glas-b-2.access.uk.tiscali.com)
Date: May 29, 2003 11:14PM

If Waterstone's is a major crime front. I'm going to demand more money, they can obviously afford it!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.