New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Well
Posted by: Sue (---.glas-b-2.access.uk.tiscali.com)
Date: May 29, 2003 11:16PM

Dante: I'm in Aberdeen, a much colder version of Glasgow, although it has been rather humid recently, between showers.

Posted by: dante (---.internal.omneuk.com)
Date: May 29, 2003 11:40PM

Ooh, three Scottish fforumites now! Cool.

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Posted by: Sue (---.glas-b-2.access.uk.tiscali.com)
Date: May 29, 2003 11:50PM

I'm afraid I'm not completely Scottish, Wales is home when I can afford the plane fare, which is usually once a year at christmas. Tell me, I've been here nine years and still can't get used to the weather. Is there a particular point somewhere that all of a sudden you don't notice the minus degrees and stop wearing ten layers to stop the wind chill factor? Or am I just a wimp?

Posted by: dante (---.internal.omneuk.com)
Date: May 30, 2003 12:14AM

Heh, I don't know, I've never been to Aberdeen. Glasgow doesn't generally get all that cold, just rainy. And the wind's always worst on the east coast. I'm not very good when it does get cold, though, unless it's snowy too.

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Posted by: Carla (---.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 30, 2003 07:32AM

My boyfriend was born in the Shetland Isles. we were looking at prices for ferrys from Aberdeen to Lerwick to go on the holidays and it's sooooo expensive! Bah!

Posted by: Anonymous User (195.217.212.---)
Date: May 30, 2003 09:13AM

Sue: I'm with you on the Michelin-man/onion layer look (Being a native of warmer climes but living in Edinburgh) and no, you never get used to it! (nor are you a wimp)

Why is it that getting to the outer reaches of the country is *always* more expensive than going to another country altogether??

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: May 30, 2003 09:59AM

well i'm in London and still ahve the layered look
:-)

Posted by: adam (195.8.190.---)
Date: May 30, 2003 10:37AM

I have the layered look too - unfortunately I don't wear layers :(

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.