New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
TV SHows for cats debuts...
Posted by: Karen (---.syd.ops.aspac.uu.net)
Date: May 30, 2003 07:21AM

I know there are many catlovers on the Fforum.

Here is an article in salon.com (love that site) about a new show for cats!

Not sure if this link will work (havent tried to insert a link before)...
[www.salon.com]

Re: TV SHows for cats debuts...
Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 30, 2003 06:28PM

Now you've done it! Minsky has gone off looking for an agent...

Seriously, my cats don't have much experience of TV because I've never had one of my own (on the grounds that there isn't anything sufficiently worth watching for me to consider the licence fee reasonable value). While David was staying at Iain's prior to buying his new house, his television set lived here and we watched one or two videos, including the extended version of "The Fellowship of the Ring". The other cats didn't take a lot of notice, but Chomsky was fascinated; he really seemed to believe that there were people in that box over there, and hesitated several times over whether he should try to get in and help them (or just solicit a cuddle in his usual way). We could almost hear him thinking, "Er, er, don't worry, Mr Boromir, I'll be, er, right with you... er... er... oh, too late!"

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 30, 2003 08:23PM

and I don't get the Oxygen channel, so my kitties won't be able to partake! Bummer!

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 31, 2003 07:17AM

Didn't one of the cat food companies try the same thing in an advert over here a couple of years ago?

My dog watches Crufts every year - she's fascinated by the agility section. She also likes trumpets (or anything that makes a raspberry noise) on the radio. In the car she'll trample over evryone to put her nose againt the speaker when she hears one... Four stone of dog can do a lot of trampling...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Simon (193.82.99.---)
Date: May 31, 2003 01:12PM

Back when I was in my teens our family dog (a chihuahua) used to love watching 'One Man And His Dog' (explanation for non-Brits: a televised contest for shepherds & their sheepdogs)... and whenever the sheep all disappeared offscreen he would run around behind the set to see if they'd gone there...

"This was willed where what is willed... can get rather silly."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.